Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tourist ban in the 'Dam; is it all true?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dadarrio, Aug 31, 2012.

1. #1 Dadarrio, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    So me and my cousin have been planning to visit Amsterdam since the weed over there is better than our homegrown stuff, but just one problem...

I've heard that cannabis is completely restricted to residents only across the Netherlands, as of 1/1/2013.

Only thing is that the articles I have read are at least months old and I don't know if anything has changed since then.

Can anybody confirm anything, or go into any details?

Are coffeeshops likely to just pay no attention to these regulations and continue serving? Fake 'weed cards'?

Cheers.

to update; apparently in June 2012 the government went to shit and a new one came in, theres a possibility that they'll just ditch the whole scheme, I dunno though.

2. I'm just pissed I missed my chance to go to the Cup 2 years ago. Probably never will now >,<

3. Apparently lots of people say a lot of the coffee shops will just fuck the law off, but I'm not sure. Seems like a bummer either way, it's just another thing that seems to show the fight for legalisation going backwards somehow ):

4. its illegal for the shops to sell to tourists but theres no law that says a citizen cant just give weed to a tourist. its still worth going. and like durb said i'm sure a lot of coffee shops dont even care about the law

5. Apparently the Police in Amsterdam have basically said "we refuse to enforce it" and the local council don't agree with the law. So I can't see coffeeshops listening to it all, because if the police refuse to cooperate, then hey; the coffeeshops don't get into shit.

I might save up hard, sell my PS3 temporarily and go before Christmas :)

6. Not yet.

Not until new year.

7. Why the fuck would they do that? 70% of their tourism come from the coffeshops (just my guess)

8. To stop 'drug tourism'.

It won't be good for their economy. Many hotels, shops, bars, coffeeshops, museums will likely go out of business.

9. im not sure on the laws but i dont think a lot of people (shop owners and policemen alike) would be to happy about that. As above said it wouldnt be great for their economy either id assume