Tounge piercings and smoking cigs/weed

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by postblue, Jul 9, 2010.

1. I'm getting my tounge done next weekend or the week after that, dependin when i can get £40 together (absolutely broke right now).

Can i smoke with it? or will i have to wait a week or so for the swellin to go down?
    I've asked them and they said it depends from person to person, so i'm not sure whether to smoke then use mouthwash, or just leave it.

I'm on 20 cigs a day as well, which is why im so curious... anyone who has one/knows anyone who has got any advice?
    thanks GC

2. i would cut back a bit, and go from there...stress from flat out not smoking after smoking a pack a day would just make it worse. and instead of mouth wash (you can actually over clean it and cause some serious issues) id use a saline solution to rinse out after you smoke.
    some people can smoke all the merry day long and not have an issue, others need to stop or take it out...
    i was one of those horror flick cases they tell you that can happen, my tongue turned black and i needed to use gly-oxide to get rid of it...it was nasty, when i used it, it looked like a layer of my tongue was peeling off....

3. Try and leave it as long as you can, and smoke as little as you can. Ideally you should wait until it's fully healed, but few cig smokers manage this. Definitely not the first day or so. If you absoloutely must smoke, then use non-alcoholic mouthwash (not listerine) or a sea salt soak afterwards - salt soaks are better, but taste awful.

Be careful though, you don't want an infection in your tongue. You really really don't. I see them a lot at work and it's nasty, painful shit.

And wtf at £40 for a tounge piercing.

4. thanks for the help, i think i'll roll a joint 50% tobacco 50% weed and have a couple buns every hour or so throughout the day. thats alot better than having a cig ever hour. :)

itsatrap; i know, its really expensive but it's a really good body craft parlour and they have amazing reviews. i'd rather pay extra for it instead of go to the other ones in my area, which are shitholes if i'm honest

5. Oh yeah, it's definitely better to go for a quality place - especially for tongues as they're one of the riskier ones. £40 is expensive as hell though - I charge £25 and I've always thought I was ripping people off a bit. But if it's that or a shithole then you've made the right choice, lol.

6. When I got mine done I couldn't eat for a week cause the swelling just made it hurt, but I got it pierced on my 18th birthday, so I stayed high for most of the week, and drank some with it to, it was fine, didn't get any infections.

A bit later that year though, I got a second lip piercing right next to my original lip which i got the same time i got my tounge done, and some drunk bitch kept chewing on it like two days after i got it done. If I wasn't completely drunk it probably would have hurt a lot, but because of her chewing it wound up getting infected. My lip got huge. It was to big to even take the lip rings out, I wound up in the hospital. I hate drunk bitches.

7. damn haha where do you work in the UK? (if you live there lol)
    i'd come to there and get it done for £25, i had to pay £30 to get my labret pierced. most places are really over priced round here :(

8. Yep, I'm on the south coast. We charge £25 for almost all the piercings, £30 for the ones that require more expensive jewelery/more work. Try and make freinds with some people at your place though, because a lot of them will knock a few quid off (piercings in general are hugely overpriced - the materials cost about a fiver, if that).

9. Well dude, I have venom piercings. I smoked weed everyday before I got them, and after. I couldn't do jays, or bongs because of the thickness of the smoke but I had a bubbler that had a straw like mouthpiece so I'd place it in the middle of my tongue (past the piercings) and rip normally

10. my piercer told me not to smoke anything for 2-3 weeks. I think he knew i was a stoner :smoking: haha. its kinda annoying for the first couple months then you forget its even there.

11. haha yeah. Its not the pain of the piercing thats worrying me, i can handle the pain, but its afterwards getting used to it in your mouth and not being able to smoke/drink/eat normally for a couple of weeks.

Another question tho, can you talk normally afterwards or does that take time too?

12. Depends entirely on you. If you're like me and you swell like a bitch then no-one will understand a word you're saying for a few days, but some people will be absoloutely fine. Ibuprofen is good for both swelling and soreness though, so it's worth investing in some.

13. i got my tongue pierced a little over a month ago. dont use mouthwash with alcohol. the first week i had it SUCKED. couldnt eat anything an talked weird. i still smoked weed everyday tho and just rinsed with non alcoholic mouthwash and at the end of the day gargled some sea salt and water. i dont even feel it anymore and love it now. youll be fine smoking just rinse your mouth out after

14. #14 theinkman26, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010
    do what i did get the needle and barbell online and do it yourself
    its way cheaper when i pierced mine i was eating what ever i wanted the next night
    it depends where you pierce your tongue the closer to the tip its easier to get use to
    the farther to the back the more it hurt i know this only because i pierced mine in the back
    and it hurt so bad that i took it out waited for it to heal and then pierced it closer to the tip
    and did not have a problem and i was smoking weed and cigs a pack a day
    at the time i have quit smoking now but this was 8 years ago the piercing did not hurt much
    it was the next day i used mouth wash about 10-15 times a day i used it after ever cig/j
    and ever time i eat some times just to do it

15. i would never trust myself to pierce my own tounge, i don't really care about the price anyway, i dont have much but i like to treat myself...not end up in AnE :p

16. Ewwww I saw a friends tongue piercing get infected; not because of smoking, but it was the grossest thing in the world and they kept crying and telling me they could taste the puss and blood that kept leaking out and couldn't sleep.

I was laughing so hard. Moral: Don't get your tongue infected, safer then sorry.

17. thats horrible :(! i'm so nervous now. thanks alot :rolleyes:

18. definitely dont do what the guy a few posts above me said and pierce it yourself. instead of buying your next 8th just go to a decent shop and do it. thats what i did.

19. yeah i never would, i pierced each ear twice by myself and they looked alright, but my tounge? definitely not:smoke: