Tough situation, any advice?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BaxterTheDog, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Ok so a year and a half ago i left the US to live in uruguay with my father because i get along waaay better with him than my mother. Anyway i've come to realize that this country is just shitty in general. (alot of thieves, robbers,etc; jobs pay very little, as low as 2 dollars an hour, taxes are 60 percent so everything is expensive as fuck, shitty cars from the 70s that are all beat up are the cheapest you can get at 2000 dollars etc. plus i dont have alot of friends and the language is killing me) the problem is i have formed a great relationship with my father and i know that if i leave he would be devastated and would probably do something really extreme, start smoking cigs again and all that. Plus he would be really hurt. But i dont know what to do, in Florida i have my siblings who i miss everyday and my best friends and an all around better life but here i have my father grandparents aunts uncles and cousins, but a shitty life and i honestly dont feel good here. I love the house and everything they provide for me but emotionally im not ok. I just dont know what to do. Any advice on what to do or say? Im 18 by the way just so some asshole doesnt pull the how old are you card.

2. well my advice is to not just leave but tell him and give him something meaningful if he has family there then he will be ok and they will probably make sure he doesnt do anything drastic plus he is your father if you tell him you are not happy there he will probably understand.

3. You gotta put yourself first sometimes. I'm sure if your father really cares about you, he will understand if you just explain your situation to him. 

Then again I've never been in a situation like this before so I can't tell you I have any experience. That is just my opinion.

Good luck :)

4. jes listed to the second guy and me because i have been in this situation just in mexico

5. Thanks for the responses guys, I just dont want to hurt him you know? He would be crushed, i just hope he'll understand. i really dont know what i should do im just gonna let him know i dont feel well being here and see where it goes from there.

Know what you want. If you do go back to the friends, and the easier life, don't beat yourself up thinking about your Dad. I would advise you to just stop comparing what you have with what you remember. Uruguay doesn't even sound that bad. Are you a Gringo, by the way?

7. I speak pretty fluent spanish but writing/reading kills me. Youre right it isnt that bad but i dont feel like i belong in this country, my hearts telling me this isnt where i have to be.