Tough job market?

Discussion in 'General' started by rpmuser123, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Maybe not. I've got 3 jobs right now I just quit 1 because it was gay so i just am not going in anymore. And today I got a new job at a golf course full time starting at 5 AM tomorrow. So I'll probably have to quit my other job too as a laundry equipment installer. But I never have trouble getting a job. I know for sure I have another job I'll take coming up in August too. So how many people have been trying to get a job but cant find one?

2. It took me 2 months to get a part time job at Fedex. Lately there seems to be an abundance of part time positions, but full time seems like a thing of the past.

3. Fedex Ground? I worked at the Dupont terminal for close to a year before getting fired

4. Yeah I'm a package handler at a Fedex Ground. I work as a splitter on one of the towers. Its a decent job, but sometimes I don't even get 13 hours a week.

5. yeah i started during peak so i was getting 30/week at first. I did everything, drive tuggers, sort tower, unload, helping on the load belts. And then I got into a fight with a co-worker and pulled a knife and I was goooone lol

6. #6 NFloyd2357, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
    i can't find a part-time job for the life of me, nor can anybody i know. Everybody i know that has a job got it through a family connection. I can't even get a job at dunkin donuts unless i wanna work at the 24 hour one working 10pm-4am

7. damn thats one hell of a shift lol ;)

ya im gonna have to get a summer job before next year of college but dont really know where to apply.
    worked at target for the past two years and im sick of customer service.... suggestions on places you know are hiring?

good luck people!

8. haha, edited.

speaking of people i know only getting jobs through connections - my uncle last week told me he'd get me a real nice job at the state house... im really countin on that... but i've called him a few times already and i just get his secretary and never get a call back. god damn