tough decisions on Phone Upgrade

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by MostDopee, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hey Blades,

So right now I currently am using a Blackberry Bold 9700. As you know it's extremely outdated, slow, laggy, etc. I have an update for AT&T so I was thinking about getting the iPhone 4S. But, with rumors of the iPhone 5 coming out, I kind of want to wait. So my question is, should i get the 4S or wait for the 5 despite the rumors?

2. Fuck the iPhone.

Get a Android supported phone with the gingerbread operating system. I got the Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch and I love it.

3. This is the correct answer. My evo smokes all iphones, and his Galaxy smokes my evo.

Apple products are designed to be able to hand off to any idiot, with no possibility of him fucking it up. The problem with that is that smart people who could benefit from more functionality, and deal with the additional compexity, get screwed out of a better phone so that apple doesn't piss off the 1000000 idiots who are all gonna go pay top dollar for a non-top phone.

4. Android + root = win.

5. Get the 4S now, and then get the iPhone 5 later and sell your 4S.

6. What upcoming phones would you guys recommend for AT&T?

7. Fuck droids. There cool and fast for about half a year then they get outdated and become obsolete much quicker than iPhones. Wait for the iPhone 5 it's supposed to come out this summer

8. You've must of had one of the old droid supported phones, and yes those do suck balls.

How do you know when the iphone comes out? You don't!

9. Driod :cool:

Apple products are only rated in the playground :smoke:

10. Bullshit.

I work in an enterprise environment and iPhones outnumber Android phones amongst business users. They have an advantage from my perspective because every iPhone works the fucking same. But every Android phone is set up little differently.

11. You know why all Iphones are the same? Well..umm... CAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME PHONE!

Android doesn't make phones...they are a software that supports the phone. So unlike getting stuck with ONE type of phone (like the iphone), you can choose different phones that do different stuff. Hey how cool and smart is that? Sorry your only limited to only one phone, not our fault...:rolleyes:

12. Many droid users hate iPhones, but iPhone users don't care about droid?

Haha

Doesn't matter which you pick, both are good and both are plastic pieces of crap outdated in a few years.

However my iPhone is holding up much better than droid (galaxy 2) bought at same time, and iPhone is used daily...

13. #13 Fëanor, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    Having one of the older iPhones and missing out on some of the new performance and features, I can tell you that they are not the same. But they are organized the same. Organization is a concept that no one in the Android department at Google understands (OK, that's unfair, but they give phone manufacturers the freedom to be disorganized).

Google has worked with HTC and Samsung to release at least 3 phones under Google's Nexus model lineup. There could be more but I only know of the 3.

Thank you for supporting my point that iPhones are not for the playground. You are looking at it from a "me me me" perspective. If everyone can pick different setups, that works great for them on the playground.

But as the IT guy receiving calls from thousands of people across the world who want to do something on their phone, it's absurdly inefficient when the process is different for each one of those people. From a business perspective you want consistency, consistency, consistency. It doesn't make sense to train my staff on dozens of different phones that change every couple of months; it makes sense to standardize on a specific and consistent setup.

iPhones definitely have their problems. But when you're managing thousands of phones efficiency becomes critical, and Androids are just inefficient when you're trying to administer so many of them. IMO that makes Android phones the "playground" choice and puts iPhones squarely in the crosshairs of IT departments everywhere.

14. ^ I see what you are saying bro. I think iphone people will always like their phone better and droid will do the same...never ending battle! lol.

15. IPhone can be cool but they limit you on what you can do....Apple is the king of marketing that's why people are so loyal to them,their product isn't really superior

16. The last couple of smartphones i owned have been android...most recently HTC Incredible, now im working with the Rezound.

Everyone and their mom is all over the iPhone bandwagon. They speak about it non stop, as if they themselves are paid to market Apple.

Android has tons of free apps and I can't wait for the new ice cream sandwich software update that will be available soon for my phone (only the Samsung Nexus currently comes built in.)

It's a never ending battle when comparing apple and android, however since I needed some new headsets, the Rezound came free with Beats headset. Therefore, it was practical to upgrade to the Rezound.

To the OP, do your research online and look at customer reviews. A lot of these phones nowadays have a lot of the same features, just different battery life, better cameras, etc.

17. When is the ice cream up date going to be released? Do you know any upgrades it will have?

18. As I Galaxy user I would highly recommend it.

It's the age-old Mac Vs. PC argument essentially. I think it's much better seeing as though i'm always pushing my phones boundaries, It's definitely the more veteran tech users phone of choice.

19. Im a previous droid user, now iPhone user...

The iPhone's hardware is simple and sturdy. The software has great organization and doesn't crash.

I use a PC on a daily basis, I'm no apple fanboy!

If you want reliable and strong get the iPhone. If you want a fun phone to fuck around with but will occasionally crash then get a droid.

To each his own :p

20. Mine has never crashed....Plus I ALWAYS hear it from friends that they hate their iphone cause it laggs up and crashes... :rolleyes: