Touchy subject - Welfare & birthcontrol

Discussion in 'Politics' started by weebietheweed, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Women on Welfare Require Mandatory Birth Control

The U.S. Government does not have the money or the means to pay for raising the babies of women on welfare. They should absolutely not be able to have children while on welfare. The government simply does not have the money to pay for their kids. It is also detrimental to the kid to be born in such a life style. As Americans, we simply cannot allow this.

There is approximately 1.7 million women on welfare to date. It is safe to say that out of all these women, none are in a position to raise a child. They just simply don't have the money to the support a child right now. They are surviving off of handouts from the government. Needless to say, it's not a good place to raise a child when their mother can barely put food on the table for herself.

The government should pass a federal law requiring all women on welfare be required to take birth control for as long as they are on welfare. The government can regulate this by having random urinary analysis test each month. The government would call every women randomly, once a month and demand a test for as long as they receive the check from the government every month.

If a woman would want to have a child while on welfare, she would have to get permission from the government to get off birth control and be artificially inseminated by the man of her choosing, but approved by the government. They would also have somebody employed by the government to investigate and see if the environment is truly fit for raising a child before the government gives it's approval.

The cost of employing the government workers to run the system would cost less than how much it would cost to give more handouts to the babies of women on welfare. There is also a much greater chance that the child of the mother on welfare will eventually go on welfare their self. They see it their whole life growing up; it's simple psychology.

This is how welfare should be regulated today. They are too relaxed with welfare now. People can literally get on welfare and do nothing all day. At least let me keep the peace of mind that a child's life will not be ruined because of our negligence.

- Women on Welfare Require Mandatory Birth Control - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

If you agree with this don't be afraid to give me a thumbs up at the source site :)

2. Fuck it, I say go for it. Enough of these blatantly intrusive regulations and people will start to realize how backwards ass broken a practice welfare actually is.

3. I agree, I don't understand how they think they can keep women on bc, we men as boyfriends/husbands have a hard enough time with that shit...amirite amirite.

I say just get rid of welfare, let people sink or swim. It's not fair that just because I can hold down a job that I should pay for these women and her kids to survive.

4. It was a terrible idea when you brought it up in December, and it's a terrible idea now.

You ignorned all the constructive criticism provided, cleaned up the grammar, and little else.

No exploration of principles. No consideration of alternatives. No reason given as to "why." No indication of any knowledge of how welfare actually functions.

Without an expression of principles your essay is meaningless. It's just you expressing your desire to control women's sexual activity.

Essays like this usually tell us far more about the author than their ideas.

Read Swift's "A modest proposal" to understand why all pragmatic ideas are not good ideas.

5. maybe he's got something against women and having babies....wow is this personal than? that's bullshit. I thought this was about how much I pay out the ass in taxes

6. Great idea!

And while we are at it, the mentally ill and those with developmental issues are mostly on some sort of a public assistance and they will be on that assistance their whole lives. So why bother with just giving them birth control that we must trust them to take daily. Why don't we just sterilize them.

Come to think of it, they don't really contribute anything to society, maybe we can just do away with them altogether.

I think Hitler had ideas like that and they seemed to work out OK for Germany.

You see, programs like Welfare are a social safety net. That some people are on them and you must pay for it is a cost of living in a civilized society.

And that some of those people that are on it abuse it is an unfortunate downside. But to take human rights - like that of reproduction - away from them is to take it away from everyone.

Because there, but for the grace of god, go you.

And really, the amount of money that the Government spends on Welfare is small potatoes compared to other programs. Programs that other people object to as strongly as you object to the welfare ladies making babies.

So you don't want to pay for welfare ladies to have babies, I don't want to pay for pre-emptive Wars or CIA support coups in other countries or bank bailouts.

But I have to.

That's the cost of living in society. Sometimes you have to pay for things you don't like.

7. So are you going to advertise your article here like a couple times a year? Can we expect you to post this same exact thing in another 6 weeks or what?

It still reads like a crude essay from 7th grade English class. You're only missing "This is my conclusion" somewhere in your final few sentences at the end there.

I mean, geez, I don't want to attack someone's grammar instead of their argument, but what is this shit, man? What's going on here?

8. Heil mein Führer...

9. Stupidity is whats going on here. People voicing opinions that are not their own, and they don't even understand the underlying issues.

JG

10. Great example. There are other things that come into play when discussing preferred government policies like morality.