Totally New

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sirsmkealotherb, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Hey all, I been smoking for about five years now, and I was looking for a way to get a better buzz and I stumbled on this website. I tried to grow last year, but it didn't work out to well. I don't think my friend knew what he was doing. That being said I have no idea what I'm doing. I found a website to buy seeds from (Is that legit? I'm from America.). So I was thinking about seriously starting to grow indoors. So if someone could walk me through what I need, and what to do till' they start budding. I can annoy you guys later for tips on the harvest ;).

Also I saw a few grow logs, is it a good idea to have one? Thanks so much in advanced.

2. First off study some grow guides keep them handy, It is illegal in some states to possess Cannabis check your laws, Reasearch seed banks they are discussed here Seed Banks - Grasscity.com Forums Information on supplies needed for cultivation are usually discussed in various guides, a good guide is Indoor/Outdoor Medical Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes

3. Also, how long does the whole process take?

4. as carolina said, read, read, read,

youll need a good area first, lighting, good soil, pots, ventilation,hygrometer, fans, mylar/grow tent, ph testers, nutrients, and water....

BASICS!!

youll need to germinate the seed, then put it under 18 hours of light per day, so leaving it in the dark 6 hours, then you will induce flowering (budding) by changing your light schedule to just 12 hours light, 12 hours dark...

a GJ is a very good idea, take it from me, im a 1st time grower and it helped me out bigtime...

for lighting, either go HPS, or CFL, taking into consideration various heat and venting issues the HPS are more favoured, and imo better, but CFL's do a great job, and give off less heat! (just in case, you want temps around the 70-78 mark lights on, then a drop of less than 10 degrees lights off!)

Soil if you are in the US, i would go with fox farms ocean forest mix, through STRONG recomendations from peeps here at GC.

nutrients again, the fox farms range are very good.

you really need to read up a fair bit mate, i wouldnt just jump staright in just yet, get a handle on the basics, then go for it!!!

reqad up on the stickies! theres a wealth of info on there.

ah yeah and i dont think you can get an answer for how long the process will take, but imo, sativas take longer, indicas slightly less time, and autoflowering strains even less time.

all in all good luck, and i hope you get it started! ;)

SR

5. Plan on 4 months. It's a rough estimate, but that's about how long it takes from start to finish.

6. before you go out spending cash for supplies and such search around the grow section especially the journals. Here you can find just about any piece of info you need about buying seeds, equip you will need, and just about anything else you could possibly imagine. Supplying yourself is so much better in every aspect and is not that complicated if you research what you are doing. Good luck getting started

7. This also depends on the variety of Cannabis you plan to grow Most of the varieties I grow take anywhere from 4 to 5 months from seed. Study, Study, Study, and study some more. Make sure you have everything you need to grow before you even start germination of the seed.