Totally confused:/

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wanabegreenthumb87, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Ok, so other newbie here just growing for personal use and enjoyment of growing new things. My month old plants are having some weird problems. I've tried looking up answers but I haven't found anything specific.
    Dirt is 30-10-10 with pH of 6.9
    Water is 6.0ph, (Zero water purifier)
    Plants are left outside all day
    I was told the draining green color could be a N deficiency so I bought FloraMicro Hardwater 5-0-1 and added 1/2 tsp to 1/2 gal. (Instructions say 1tsp per gal). I've watered them twice in one week with this stuff. It just rained ystrdy.

2. IMG_1694.JPG
    The plants are outside all day in the sun. No artificial lights

3. I think 6 pH is too low for soil. You could be locking out some nutes. Have you checked the runoff pH?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would aim for 6.2 6.3 ph

5. "Marijuana plants thrive in soil with a pH between about 5.5 and 6.5 but struggle when growing in soils outside of that pH range". - I got this info off an MJ website.
    The dirt tester I have says to make the dirt muddy with the water I use, then stick the tester in all the way(about 5in). I tested it in a cup, then ystrdy when it rained and got the same result. Dirt/water combo of 6.9
    So if it is a nutrient lockout, should I add a more acidic supplement to the dirt to bring it into range? The water filter that I use is "the best" according to studies I've read.

6. I grow in 6.0 just fine... hasnt hurt my plants any. I've never once heard 6.0 is to low for soil o_O I have heard however that In flower it's best to raise it to 6.3.

Grow journal

7. lol sorry someone told me this on one of my threads [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. looks like the soil is too hot meaning to many nutrients or that you have a CAL MAG deficiency Nitrogen looks good as new growth looks green it to the older growth that looks yellow almost always Magnesium.

• Agree Agree x 1

9. I've seen gfp recommend 6.5 to 7.2 a lot. He told me it's the revised figures. I've scoured the internet but can't find any other reference to this. Literally everywhere recommends 6-7. Here's from gwe

image.jpeg

I've also bought the cheap ph kit. I've had a few semlos ph pens but they just go out to quick without realising. Lots of members here recommend the cheap drop kits, no school like the old school.
    Good luck
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Interesting. A lot of good advice everyone. I will repot a couple with the coco stuff and try the cal mag def with another plant.
    I also have two more babies coming along so I wana get things right. I've heard that Miracle Grow is not a good choice...it that true?