Totally Awesome Free Set Up!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dorklover664, May 21, 2005.

1. I got my set up yesterday. It's a 4ft. X 3ft. Ebb and Flow system with a 400 watt High Pressure Sodium light. I also received everything I need to grow, chemicals, rockwool, even and extra light bulb. I got it all set up last night. I'm going to try to use the sea of green method so the plants I have now in dirt are just sitting in the top tub with the light on them. The only thing it was missing was the tubbing from the pump to the top try but I got it for free from Ways to Grow. Let me see if I can put into writing what I did. First I took and cleaned out everything in my back yard with the hose. No big deal, it was when I dumped the rock out in the bathtub thinking they were mildly clean, I had more of a problem. I spent 20min. cleaning out my bathtub after that but the rocks were nice and clean. I brought everything back in and set up the tubs in the corner of my laundry room. I knew the shelves in my laundry room would never support the light; they aren't in studs or anything. So I took off to Home Depot where I walked up and down all the aisles. Using my engineering brain I came up with a set up using two pre-made "ladder" like wooden pieces and another four-foot piece of wood. I made a shelf over the tubs that was strong enough to support the light. I added another shelf on top of it for more storage. But to get the light up there I got four snap hooks from ACE hardware and raped the chain around the shelf, hooking them at the same length then I just slid in the light. To "hid it" I just wrapped a reflective tarp around it. I might get another one of those too for the other side. I had everything done, set up and working by a quarter to nine. I'm supper happy with it and fuckin' proud of myself.

2. I found my Python today and after three trips to Home Depot I got it to work on my laundry room faucet and drain. One of which I was hassled by the manager cause I was sitting on he floor with stuff all around me trying to figure out how I was going to make it work. Here's the link for the Python http://www.pythonproducts.com/ if you want to look in to it. It was created to clean fish tanks with out using siphons or buckets. I also figured out how I was going to vent my laundry room. Today it stayed about 20 degrees hotter then the rest of my house, so I know I need to do something. Right now when it's 75 in my house it's not a problem but when it gets to be 90 in here it'll be 110 in there. I've read max temp should be 95. After thinking about it I decided the easiest thing would just be to get a small fan that clips and just open up the access to the attic and vent it that way. To get fresh air in I can just take off the drier hose and add another table fan there. I can add them to timers and only have them blowing in the peak hours of the day. I have my air filter set up in there too. I'm also thinking about filtering the water through a fish tank canister filter. It wouldn't be hard to do and would cut down on cleaning time. The only issue would be the cost. It would take anywhere between $200-$300. But if I can get it up and running and make some money I can do it in a few months. I set up a notebook with all the info I've found on growing and have it organized. I'm having way too much fun with this. I need to get everything up and running on timers by Monday because I'm going out of town for a few days.

3. you gotta post us some pics dude.

4. are u growing Hydro????

5. Sounds like ya got things under control...it's amazing how growing brings out the creative/engineering side of everyone! Best of luck to ya on the grow!

(Smokey she said that for right now it's a soil grow, well I'm pretty sure were talking about a female)

6. I took pics last week. As soon as I have em I'll post. It's hydro, ebb and flow. I went out of tow for three days and when I came back the plants were twice as big. I'm so happy.

7. cool i cant wait to see some of em pics. I thought it was hydro cuz from when u said "RockWool" i know u need that to grow hydro.

8. sounds great, what a great gift to receive! :hello:

I too am looking forward to pics.

good luck

9. It sounds really good i cant wait to see the pics.