total total noob

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ritasensi, Feb 19, 2012.

1. #1 ritasensi, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
    :hello: hey guys :3 , i want to start cultivation but i dont know absolutely anything bout weed

i have a giant kitchen with great sunlight and i need to know if its good enough to plant my seeds.

i was also thinking about creating my hydroponics system, but the thing is i dont have much money, the plan is buy a clothing closet and put some lights in there and stuff, but i dont know anything at all about light systems :eek:

i also wish to know if its best to plant big yield plants or alot of little ones, and also, whats the best strain for begginers? and a plant that i can put on my kitchen for direct sunlight. :confused:

im sorry for the long post :p if anyone wishes to help send me a private message, or right below, id really really appreciate it :wave:

2. Looks like im doing something similar to what your planning. Take a look at my setup in my signature an you might get a few pointers. Thers plenty of people here who will be keen to help a fellow grower :)

3. thanks alot :p

4. seems you are finding your way....:smoke:

5. ahah, sort of it ;)

6. C'mon guys i need help :c

7. What exactly no you need help with?

Germination done in a warm damp dark place, i recommend using the paper towel method wich can be found in video on youtube aswell as the forums.

Then from there they need to straight into your closet or grow area under the lights. If your using cfl it needs to be around 6500k spectrum which is cool blue ( to be changed for 2700k red spectrum for flowerin) and an average rule of 100 watt for 1 plant then 50 additional watts per plant after that.

8. Your first journey should be to read all the stickies in all the forums..there at the top, then google is your friend google some Cannabis Grow Guides read those, then perhaps pick up a book like Cannabis Grow Bible. 80% of growing and reading and the other 20% you pick up on the fly.

Cannabis topics cover a huge spectrum of topics. Its a little impossible to guide you when you yourself say you don't know anything about weed.

Window sill grows make shitty grows btw. They only get sun part of the day and the glass in windows have coatings to block spectrum.

9. Dvds too can b found all over the web in torrent form. Jorge cervantes ultimate grow and nico escondido's high times dvd's

10. His Collection is on Youtube like a 9 part series. Great viewing.

11. All the basic info you need is already here at GC -- in effect, your questions have been asked a million times and so come pre-answered for you in the sticky threads and grow guides, check the links in my sig, read through all the posts on the first 2-3 pages of this Beginners section, and you will give yourself the basic education you need to start. No one can write a custom answer for each newbie who comes on asking "how do I grow pot?" Your questions have been anticipated and answered already, seek and ye shall find. Once you have the basic knowledge come back with more specific questions.

12. #12 HerbOfWarX, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
    For me, when I started out I felt like I had all of this great information and couldnt figure out where to begin.... so how I started my education was technique by technique...

I started off reading about "germinating seeds"... then Id grab some bagseed, try out a few methods... figure out what I liked to do and practiced... I probably picked every seed of every bag I bought for months just doing that (all while trying to figure out my own grow space needs, wants, and setup)....

once i had a grasp of that, I would take some of those seedlings, throw em in a soil mix under a couple of CFLs... so Id read up on soil mixes and go purchase what i wanted and see about that... etc etc...

eventually, I had enough information to start my real grow... and by that time, I had bought my lights, growtent, and clone/mother cabinet...

Good luck to you... its a very rewarding hobby.

13. thank's guys, you are all really really sweet :p , but the thing is i already read alot of tutorials about the Techniques in general, but i wish to know more about planting it in my kitchen.

my kitchen has direct sunlight 11 hours a day (even duo its winter), and i want to know more about beginner friendly stains

14. Window grow won't work well. MJ is a sun-loving plant and needs direct sunlight for well more than 11 hours a day. The flat angle of a window cuts down on the amount of sunlight that gets in, plus window glass is treated to block UV rays that can fade upholstery but that MJ likes. You need more exposure to the sun or grow lights.

If you are only looking to start seedlings and then move them somewhere else, you can do that easily with just a few standard CFL bulbs.

15. toastybiz - thanks sweetheart :)

what, in your opinion, is the best sativa strain to plant? :b

16. Hmmm, well there are a variety of Haze strains that are good...

17. [quote name='"toastybiz"']Hmmm, well there are a variety of Haze strains that are good...[/quote]

I want to try that barneys farm utopia haze, looks beautiful