Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Total Rookie Needs Advice

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MS_Patient, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ok I have been doing my research on medicinal marijuana in regards to its ability to assist with Multiple Sclerosis ( MS ) symptoms. I have not used MJ since 1990 and I no longer have any idea what I am in for.

My wife is worried about my ability to drive while using the herb medicine. I have no idea what to tell her and my memory of my driving abilities in the 90's is weak at best.

So can some one help me out? I am wondering approximately how long after medicating I will be unable to drive.

Does anyone have a 'general' guide that I can use to plan my day around?

Also looking for a San Diego specific multiple sclerosis and medical marijuana forum that I can use to gather more information.

Thank you.

Thank you.

2. Erowid Cannabis (Marijuana) Vault : Effects

Here's a timeline of the effects, I would say you'll be fine during the "comedown" period, although cannabis has been shown to have very minimal impact on driving so as long as you're simply medicating and not getting completely stoned beyond your ability to function you'll probably be fine. Though for everyone else's safety, just drive during the comedown.

3. Since you said you haven't smoked since the 90's you have no tolerance built up. I would never reccomend driving while stoned. There are lots of things to keep in mind to figure out when you will be able to drive. First how are you going to medicate. Smoke, eat, vaporizer, drink? Also what kind of weed are you going to medicate with. Indica or Sativa? Will you be using high quality meds, mids, or low? It also depends what strains you will be using. I woud reccomend buying an ounce of differnt weed in 1/8ths. If your confused i mean to say buy 8 1/8ths, each 1/8 being a different strain. Get a feel for each type of high and keep track of how long each high lasts. Since your basically new to cannabis if you smoke a blunt or a couple joints it should last between 3 or 4 hours. If you decide to eat a brownie from a cannabis club it will last a longer high but a little more subtle. A brownie from a club will have anywhere from a 1/2 gram to 1 1/2 grams, but it really depends on where you go. When you go to a club ask how much weed is in the brownie. I lost track of what i was talking about so hit me back if you have anymore questions, I'm always willing to help new stoners. Peace.

4. Thank you for the quick response. Ok here is what I have going on right now:
    I have a digital vaporizer and 1/8 of Strawberry Cough sitting next to it. From what I have seen on YouTube I think that I need to go 345 deg and wait about 5 min for it to heat up. I plan on NEVER smoking my meds if at all possible. I quite smoking cigarettes 4 years ago and I don't want to ever go down that path again. So it is either Vaporizer or cook it. From what I have heard, it will take a bunch more herb to get the same effect by cooking it. So until the time comes where I do/don't grow my own I will have to stick to the vaporizer because I doubt I can afford to buy baked goods until then.

This is all dependent on me being able to function while using my meds...........I guess I will have to give it a try and see how it (Sativa) affects me.

Thanks and I am looking forward to hearing from more people.

5. yeah coming up is the unsafest part to drive with you'll be good in about an hour to drive as you would normal. Its not any harder than drinking and driving no matter how high you get.

6. If you were to drive, sativa would be the smartest choice, but sativa through a vaporizer would give you a very strong cerebral high, Sativa already gives u a head high and with my experiences with vaporizers they give you a cerebral high also. As you smoke more consistently you'll be able to figure out your limits and control your high, making it much safer to drive. You should be able to figure out your doseages with in a week by getting high one day and resting the next. Once you know your correct doseages then you know how much you need to have a good time like if your out with friends or just at home. But for pure medicinal purposes the best way to figure out doses is by learning as you medicate. If your wife is still worried show her this post or if she has more questions, I'd be happy to answer them. And sorry about the M.S. thats a total bummer. Peace. And remember it's okay to have some fun with your meds as long as your safe about it

7. [​IMG] :rolleyes:

8. I don't drive during the first hour of effects. I wait the comedown period, if I absolutely need to drive. And even then I try to be really careful. Some people space out on marijuana, unintentionally. If that happens at the wrong place + wrong time I would not want to be in that situation!

9. Hi hon, I'm Granny and I'm here to help you!

First off I need to introduce you to my "Granny Storm Crow's list". It is a "stickie" near the top of the medical forum and is also linked in my sig.

My list is a compilation of MMJ studies and articles that you NEED to read! I have studies on the effects of cannabis on driving, how it MAY slow the progression of MS and how it most definitely lessens the symptoms. The studies will calm your wife down and answer some of your questions.

Cannabis IS a bit stronger, but I remember some Accapulco Gold in the 70s that blew my sox off! Just take it easy the first few times. How long should you wait before driving? Cannabis users tend to drive slower and more carefully, but at least an hour or two.

Now go to my list and start reading studies like-

Marijuana And Actual Driving Performance
    Marijuana And Actual Driving Performance

and

Cannabis May Halt Progression Of Multiple Sclerosis
    Cannabis May Halt Progression Of Multiple Sclerosis, Study Says - NORML

Granny :wave: