Total noob spontaneous first grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bonghits21, Apr 8, 2014.

1. #1 bonghits21, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Hey guys just looking for help and advice just trying to gain some experience any info is greatly appreciated this isn't how I planned my first grow at all its basically a hand me down grow. I got everything from my cuz my seeds are 1 super skunk and 1 white widow x big bud both feminized which he got free with his order my light is a 2" 4 bulb 96 watt ho t5 that he had laying around I using 2 gallon pots filled with mg organic choice I know its crap but like I was saying we set this all up in under an hour. My babys are 6 days old I have them under 24hr light. Is there anyway I can produce something smokeable out of this set up anything at all. If I'm wasting my time just let me know I'll shut it down and just wait till I can afford a real set up

2. You can make it work for now but you are going to need to invest in more equipment. MG soil us not so great. You can used Kellogg's Patio Plys which is organic and cost around $6 for 1.5 cf. the best investment you can make is to purchase a grow book of two. I like Ed Rothensal and Jorge Cervantes. Both guys are pioneers and experts in growing cannabis. These book will pay for themselves in results. Knowledge is the key then come experience. I have seen noobs gave a great 1st grow buy simple doing their research and reading.

3. Yes I plan to invest on a lot better grow I do have Cervantes book coming in the mail so I'm eagerly awaiting that. Also kelloggs pp was my first choice but its pathetic where I live there are 2 home depots and 2 lowes prolly 3 or 4 walmarts every single one of them only carry miracle gro products and that's it every soil there was some sort of miracle gro all nutes and perlite same thing only mg. After the soil I'm worried about my light will it be powerful enough to get me through the entire grow ? I snapped some pix today sorry they suck this is day 7 I think they're growing kinda slow but I really wouldnt know. Top one is super skunk bottom is white widow x big bud

Sent from my N8000_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. Honestly, I wouldn't waste money on any books as all the info you will ever need is available for free online.

Your lights should get you well into the vegging stage. You might want to keep your eyes out for used equipment on craigslist or whatever equivalent is used in your area.

Aside from your lights, what does your grow space consist of? Size? Fans? Ventilation? Do you have a thermometer and/or humidity detector? I'm assuming the fluorescents you were given are the correct type of lighting for vegging? 6500K range? If so, you may be able to just swap out bulbs when it comes time to flower. You could also just add to the lighting.

5. Hey you guys! I'm also kinda new to cultivation. I have one grow under my belt(indoor), but I wasn't impressed at all... Used one CFL the whole time, miracle grow soil, stupid I know, but honest to god it looked healthy all the way through. I guess I just got lucky with not over watering. Anyways I'm wanting to start a new grow with only 1 plant at a time. I have a MH and a HPS light that I planned on using. MH at first and then HPS at flowering. They are northern light seeds and are also feminized and autoflowering. I planned on buying organic soil and my grow box has Mylar lined already. Stands about 5 feet tall. Have a muffin(computer) fan for strengthening stems and for ventilation. I don't have a humidity meter or anything like that. Also I'm not exactly on point with the whole PH ordeal. I know about the acid and base mixes you can use but I'm not really sure how much to add, or what the ideal PH is.
    Sorry for barging in on your topic, just wanted some advice for myself!

Thanks!

6. 400W Lamps

7. wtf heybud take care of your own shit this is my topic take the time to make your own don't jack mine.

8. My grow space is my closet its 4 x 3 I have a small fan going no thermometer or humidity but my room is always 70-75 degrees the t5 arent hot at all so its not that much warmer in the closet. And yes I have 4 6500k veg bulbs and 4 bloom bulbs I was planning on swapping when time to flower.

9. Just starting to learn how to use this forum. Which is why I included the apology of "barging" in on your page. It's ok if you want to be a total jack off though. Some people have issues with communicating in an adult matter.

Thanks Anyways

10. I know now sweetheart:) good luck on your grow.

11. Ok day 9 and I'm starting to worry the super skunk looks to be deformed and the ww x bb isn't growing much both are starting to yellow on the first set of leaves I'm not using any nutes and I'm pretty sure I'm not over watering could it be my lights are to close I have them only 2 or 3 inches above plants

12. Get a 9 bux accurite temp/humidity thermometer. Your temps are way high i bet. I use t5s for veg. My first grow i said it just doesnt get hot. And i dont need this and i dont need that.... Needless to say it suffered heat stress bad.. luckily i got my shit dialed in and saved her.... Good luck

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It's not that your lights are too close, but it could be too hot. You need to correct the heat issue without moving the lights away. Honestly, you should invest in a thermometer/humidity detector. The one I bought at the local hardware store was only $8 and it works fine. You don't need a fancy one, but knowing 100% that your temps are good is important. You might be surprised at how hot it actually gets right under those lights. A fan blowing inside the tent will help a bit, but you should really look into how you might be able to exhaust hot air out the top of your grow space, and take new fresh air in from the bottom.

14. Got a thermometer closet is steady at 80. Plants aren't doing good at all very little growth is going on I managed to slow/stop the yellowing in the leaves by raising my lights watering more and adding a larger fan and switching to 18/6 on my lights. Today is day 15 almost no new growth I really don't know what's going on I was planning on flowering at week 6 but at this rate I'll have to veg for months. Please any advice is greatly appreciated why aren't my babies growing. Pics are from today day 15 top first pic is super skunk second? pic is ww x bb

Attached Files:

15. #15 bonghits21, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Major update both super skunk and white widow big bud have blew up this is day 25 but 80% of growth has happened in the last 10 days. Day 15 I made a blood meal tea fed to both plants and it made all the difference in the world both plants loved it and are now thriving. Plants are doing so well I tried the Fim technique on both plants at the 5th node being my first grow idk if the fim will be successful I'll just have to wait and see. Also here are some pix just took today day 25

Attached Files:

16. Day 44 decided to scrog it out just switched to 12/12

Attached Files:

17. 2 weeks into flowering

Attached Files:

18. Mg soil has a bad rep but I have seen great grows using it.... great looking plants subbed