Total Newb, first CFL, Rubbermaid, bag seed grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by kkcbudman, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Alright Ive been aimlessly wandering around GS sucking up every bit of info I could, and I have finally decided to start my first grow!!!!:yay: I have some bag seed that I have been collecting for the past 6 months (its difficult to find seeds in dope smoke) but ive managed to collect about 12 viable seeds. I have them soaking in some tap h20, on a heating pad, they've been in for about 12 hours, and about 4 have already started to split open, ive heard to keep them in there for no more than 24 hours, then im going to put the straight into my medium, which is MC.....:eek:

I kno I kno, MC sucks but that's what I have for right now, at least until I get them transplanted, by then Ill have some FF(fox farms, not french fries):smoking: anyway, that's about it for right now, guess im at the boring part.....

Oh im starting off in a 31 gallon Rubbermaid, with two surge protectors with 4 23w CFL's a piece so around 160w total, I don't plan on growing all 12, just praying that Ill have at least 3 fems. Oh question, when i was @lowes all I saw was 5000k bulbs, is this ok for now, I know I need 6500, but i got what i could get, will add more lights once things get started anyways.

Thanks for any info!!!!

2. Pics coming soon.

3. yep im subbed... Im also a CFL grower...

Goodluck and happy growing bro!

4. Glad your along for the ride Gr8!

Update, out of the 12 seeds, 6 sprouted, one didn't sink(I did the water method), and the other 5 sank but didn't sprout, might just take them a little longer, so i placed them in some paper towel sprayed with water and put back on the warming pad.

I took the sprouted seeds and put them in my mg in styrafoam cups and put them in the box with one 26w cfl and warming pad.....now the waiting begins.
    [​IMG]
    oh yea, how do I post pics from my phone, having a hard time.

5. wow that last pic was huge, no idea what im doing with the pics. lol

6. Well day 3 since planting still no sprouts yet, I'm anxious a hell, I peak inside my box every 30 mins lol. Did my first watering today. Nothing much going in so far.
    Should I have my lights on or not?

7. Attach then to your post with the advanced option button, by uploading them to the site. They will automatically be posted.

8. Ok, Im 11 days since sprouting, things are looking ok so far. Having some issues with one of my plants have some yellowing on 2 of the fan leaves, what do you guys think it could be? first pic is of sick plant.

Attached Files:

9. Whelp, week numbro dos... lol, seems like im updating myself, but still enjoying looking back at my pics. Had a battle with what im calling nute burn last week, still haven't gotten it diagnosed, asked around on GC but didn't get many answers.

Anyhow, ladies are looking ok to me, since this is my first grow im not sure what they are suppose to look like at this point anyway. The leaves with the nute burn have all but wasted away. Whelp, on to pics. :smoking:

Attached Files:

10. I was going to post this on your other post but I found this thread.

Your plants look very sad dude,

You should really think about getting some different soil and some better pots asap. Just give them water. Especially if your MG soil is already laced with nutrients. When I first started growing I was using a rubbermaid setup and it was nothing but hassles and didn't yield nearly enough to make it worth spending all the time on it. But, it did teach me a lot of valuable things about growing! You need lots of air movement and you're probably going to need more light for the flowering stage. How hot is it in there?

11. How often are you watering them?

12. I can tell when they dry out, and I water the following day. I just watered while taking pics, ive already r/o watering r/t the droopiness. not sure what it could be.

13. my temps are great 4 fans blowing out air, 8 26w 6500 cfls currently, plenty space for more. idk

14. #14 kkcbudman, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    Ok, today was a huge day in my grow!!!!:yay:

I finally started ph testing my water, which was damn near 8.0!!! Grabbed some lime juice out of the fridge, brought it down to around 5.8-6.2, got some organic soil, and replanted my ladies into some much larger pots, there already starting to look better.

My roots in the cups where all wrapped around each other. So I guess ill see what happens.

Attached Files:

15. Life is looking up, the girls looked wonderful today, so i decided to try my hand at some lst'ing.

I used Christmas ornament hooks and fishing line to tie those hoes up. lol:smoking:

Attached Files:

16. #16 kkcbudman, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
    Havent posted anything in a while, beacuse nobody ever responds lol.
    Well, guess ill update myself

4 weeks in today, fimed 2, topped 1.
    sidgrowth is picking up looking good in my book

Gonna take some cuttings from each in a couple days, once
    rooted gonna throw all into 12/12 and see what happens.

Attached Files: