Total beginner

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blablabla79, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Got given a seedling plant which I've put under a sad lamp on 24/7 haven't got a clue what I'm doing though lol will a sad lamp keep it alive? Please anyone

2. You're gonna have to get a whole setup and the right equipment to grow bud :/ You need to monitor temperature, humidity, make sure the ph to your water is correct. It's not difficult if you wanna learn and are willing to read. But you'll probably have to spend about 150 bucks for a solid setup that you can work with.

3. [quote name="blablabla79" post="19259612" timestamp="1388518836"]Got given a seedling plant which I've put under a sad lamp on 24/7 haven't got a clue what I'm doing though lol will a sad lamp keep it alive? Please anyone[/quote]Im not sure what a sad lamp is but if you get it under some cfls or two 70 watt high pressure sodium bulbs it would be better. then you will need a bag of potting soil not mirical grow a 5 gallon bucket can usually find one of those cheap. I would say you could make it grow for 80 bucks probly the quality is questionable and the amount you get will be far less but somes better than none

4. True, you could skip out on some things and make it cheaper. That's your call at that point on what you wanna do. Either way, you won't be able to get it to grow with what you have now.

5. First time ever growing and it illegal were I am I've wanted to do it for a while when by chance I got a tiny seedling it's growing and looks healthy not sure of sex but if this works I'm going to try maybe 3 plants next time don't want to get in to much trouble with the law.my mum has cancer and I would like to bake her some space cakes :) Thankyou for your replies can you recommend the best place to buy the proper bulbs? I've been reading up on it all but there's do much information it's a bit overwhelming.

6. Sad lamp is a lamp I got a while ago it's meant to cheer you up in the winter months when there's no sunshine (rains a lot where I'm from) not sure what kind of light it produces but I thought I'd give it a try.

7. the simplest plant I have growing is in a small 6 inch pot crowned with 4 CFL with "Y" splitters.

8. A 4 foot shop light with 2 6500k florescent tubes,6 one gallon pots, cheap potting soil, bottled water or clean water and some good seeds is all you need to start out.

9. Thankyou for your replies Ive ordered a splitter and 4 cfl lights going to give that a try once they arrive if this works it wil give me a bit more confidence being my first try :)

10. oh no man /: sorry to hear that
    think you might get another soon? 
    since you already have lamps and stuff :b

Try again, sometimes a seedling is weak and other times they grow like a weed, turn into a big ass stinky tree inside your house.

12. I will try again but going to wait till I can get a proper setup sorted

13. I will try again but going to wait till I can get a proper setup sorted