Total beginner, looking for tips.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ender, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Hi, I'm new to this and considering growing a plant (we're talking like, one plant) to try it out and see what it's all about.

I was just wondering what kind of things I should keep in mind, and being that I'm state side, how you would recommend I go about getting some seeds?

Like I said I just want to start out extremely simple and grow one plant for personal use so I'm not looking to invest a ton of money (until I found out if I like it or not ;))..

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this, and hopefully I can get some good tips out of you guys!

2. the problem with growing weed is that you have to "speculate to accumulate".........you need to invest to get the best out........you could grow fluro's and get maybe 1oz from that plant if your lucky, or you could invest in a 400w HPS and get closer to 3-4oz dependent on strain and growing knowledge.........the plant is still illegill where you are, they'll bust you for the plant no matter if it has 1, or 10oz growing on it.........so if taking that risk, better to make sure it's worth your while........

my advice is to read, and then read some more, if you need links pm me and i'll send you loads, you really want to read for like 3-6 months, and visit here seeing some of the possible problems you'll encounter along the way..........this also means that you won't spend excess money on equip, and ferts etc, that's not needed..........try the guide under this post to start you off.......don't glance but read, and if unsure then ask here...........that way you'll up your chances of a good harvest from like 20% to 80-90%...........Peace out..........Sid

3. Yea, I've actually been reading for quite some time, just finished reading Dread's two grow journals (umm, 20 days to harvest and lord of the clones I think?). They have provided some excellent information about possible problems I'll encounter as well as a few remedies, not to mention the vast mounds of information I've collected from other posts.

As for growing marijuana, yea, it's illegal.. And yea, I'm still going to do it :) The 1oz yield is fine for a first timer like me, like I said I'm not looking to make a whole bunch. Just give it a whirl and see how I like it and get myself associated with caring for the plant. I won't be going cheap on materials, that would just be a waste, but I don't quite have the money to afford a 400 watt HPS ya know?

I was considering getting my hands on some "Big Bud" seeds because it produces a relatively high yield and so I hear is a good grow for beginners. Anyways, your feedback is appreciated so thanks man :)