Torture?

Discussion in 'General' started by stoned budda, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Torture techniques used to obtain information from Terrorist.

pick as many as apply.

2. ... you sick fucks.

3. Thats kinda harsh dont you think. Its just a debate and so far only the question has been posted.

4. Completely against any form of torture whatsoever.

5. Dude, if it's a terrorist, yeah, you can totally fuck them up.

6. I'm not so much against torturing someone if it's guaranteed they are guilty of some crime, but doing it to extract information is wrong.

Any time you use torture to get info the credibility is instantly shot. It's useless as people will spew anything to stop the torture, they will admit to things they didn't do, they will give up people who didn't do anything, sometimes even their own family.

Torturing people who murder and rape should be mandatory. At least the ones who do it to children.

Also italians should be tortured.

Greasy whop bastards... ;)

7. We all fit under the "terrorist" umbrella term according to homeland security.

8. That basically sums it up. Most people agree that torture doesn't work.

9. And who gets to decide who a terrorist actually is?

10. i'm willing to bet the gov't has mind control techniques that work alot better than torture

so i'm not really one for torture unless like someone else said, that they're obviously guilty of some some heinous crime and they possibly have info on others who were involved

11. Iagree it should be if its a proven terrorist, and torturing him will get info that may save lives, then go ahead, but again only under certain circumstances.

as far as sleep depravation or making them listen to britany songs at high volume all night go right ahead man.

12. that's not true. The whole "torture" debate is due to the fact that terrorist aren't recognized under US law and the Geneva convention. It's precisely why torture is able.

And for people saying credibility is shot because people will say anything is bullshit. You're right. People might say anything at first. Course once we find out that its wrong it all starts over until the right information is given.

I'm for some torture...terrorists aren't held under the Geneva convention and they definitely aren't subject to US law. They don't have the right to an attorney or to due process or any other rights. This is because they ARE NOT US CITIZENS.

US citizens have these rights because they subscribe to US laws and what they can and can't do. Terrorists have no respect for people, especially the people they are attacking. They don't belong to a country so its hard to track them down to one static location.

13. I oppose any and all forms of torture mental or physical. For one, it is un-american to be pro-torture, and we all know what a patriot I am, breaking the law everyday as to engage in recreational endeavors...but seriously, fuck torture. It isn't accurate in it's extraction methods...often under extreme mental or physical duress people will say anything just to make the torture stop. Albeit attaining information such ways is lazy and illogical. I view torture of "suspected" terrorists no more than a means of wasting time rather than doing some actual investigative work. And I don't think torturing people is any way to investigate the crimes of a terrorist.

14. Well right now I'm trying to get ready to go out so I'm not going to look it up right now, but the homeland security booklet to identify terrorists pretty much puts any criminal or citizen who believes in the constitution openly as a risk for terrorism.

Not to mention the Military Commissions act that gives the president the ability to declare enemy combatants as they see fit and take away the right to habeus corpus.

This is new legislation, it'll be too late before we realize how fucked we truly are.

15. Physical torture is seldom effective but mental torture can be very effective. The mind can be used to inflict pain that even the hardest of men cannot endure.

16. The fundamental question that comes down to torture is:

Do the ends justify the means?

And really, how do we know for sure that the end results are truly authentic?

17. Well the original question says "Torture techniques used to obtain information from Terrorist."

I'm just taking that knowledge for granted, saying hypothetically, if we knew for sure he/she was a terrorist.

Deciding who the terrorists all are - that's a totally different debate.

18. i think there should be a warrant or something like that, that says you can torture someone because they have a lot of evidence against them that says they are involved in terrorist activity.

then cut they shit up.

slowly but surely you will get some info. tie their feet to a harness at the bottom of a tank and slowly fill it with water.

that is the kind of shit that makes people talk. the pain though, that wont make people do anything, you have to actually make them think they will die if they dont try and talk them out of it.

fill it up to their chins, then stop and be like look bro, you are gonna tell me what i need to know or i will put one bucket of water in for everytime i dont hear what i want.

then one bucket at a time, pour it in till its up to his nose, then see what happens. will he tell you? i dont know. will he take his info to his wet, shallow grave? maybe.

but its fun to watch a man struggle.

19. If it would yeild valuble information, maybe

Im against it mostly, but there are some circumstances in which it may be best

20. Best for WHOM? A state?