tortoise - tnt

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by papertelevision, Jul 29, 2008.

1. blazed and listened to the album at the beach. wonderful. any tortoise fans?

2. Yeah! they have a really nice chill/jazz/ambient sound to them.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hq8NtSgQUzc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hq8NtSgQUzc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. yeah. they're wonderful. made for a really nice summer experience. :]

4. I just started getting into them...I have the album "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" and I am just floored by it.

5. Djed - The Taut And The Tame
    mm wonderful.
    their 2006 album A Lazarus Taxon is quite good tooooooo. i reccomend that and TNT<table width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
    </td><td align="right">[​IMG]</td></tr></tbody></table>

6. Yeah DJed is such an amazing track. I'll check out TNT.

7. yeah TNT is pretty fantastic and jazzy. i love the sound.
    and the guitar on the track TNT is beautifullll :]

8. Why do you call it "jazzy"? As a jazz musician, I seem to have a different definition of the word jazzy than most people. Is it the advanced harmony, the improvisation, etc? Or something else?

9. i called it "jazzy" for lack of a better word. i didn't mean it directly as "jazz," although the drums in some of the tracks could be referred to as that..

10. Yeah I could see that....the swinging feel. I just said something because another poster earlier in the thread made the same comment. After listening to them, I didn't really see that as having a jazzy sound, but that's just me.

11. haha i understand. however their sound is described, i still think it's wonderful regardless. :]

12. Yeah!

My favourite song is The Lithium Stiffs...when I was in highschool and made anyone a mixed tape/CD, no matter what kind of music was on it, I ALWAYS put that song at the end as a "hidden song".