Toronto Zoo

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Renkluaf, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Hey everyone, I have never been to a zoo. I am pretty stoked to go and I'm assuming its going to be the best thing ever. (Usually things that are pricey are awesome lol) anybody ever been? Is there any zoo etiquette I need to know?

2. i have a love/hate relationship with zoo's but the fact of the matter is that the toronto zoo is sweet. it's really big so wear comfy footwear and bring lots of water !

the past few years they've had an exhibit going on called sharks at stingray bay where you get to pet sharks and stingrays.. it's an extra 3$ but so worth it cuz you get to touch sharks !! i'm not entirely sure if it's still on this year, but is it is (and you'd like to go), i'd suggest you just grab a ticket when you pay admission at the front gate.. the lineup at the actual "bay" where the sharks and stingrays are can get stupid long.

3. I love gettin hella stoned and goin to the Portland zoo. In 3rd grade I was on a field trip and was in the bird house exhibit and a bird flew over me and literally pooped in my hair. I will never forget that shit, it was yellow and watery. 

4. I haven't been to the Toronto Zoo in a number of years, but it's pretty sweet to say the least. As another blade said its big and spread out, sunscreen, a good hat, comfy footwear and water are a plus. The food there sucks and is expensive so don't plan to buy any of that.

Damn OP, you made me want to go now!

5. I literally went 2 weeks ago so i have quite a few recomendations.

1) Dont go see the pandas if you want to see a lot of things. You used to be able to go see them whenever but crowding became an issue so they now have a 90 minute wait to go see the pandas and yes, you have to stand there and wait the whole time.

2) As another poster said, the food there sucks so i advise bringing a small backpack cooler with some food. We did this and didnt spend a dime on food.

3) Even if your not much excited for animals specifically from canada, go check out the canadian exibit. Its about an hour to do it because of a big hill but its awesome. They have grizzly bears there and while most of the other animals are, meh (they have goddamn raccoons for some retarded reason) the bears were my favorite thing to see this time around. They also have some large cats down that way that are pretty cool

4) Get a map right away and sit for 5 minutes to plan everything you want to do

I go to the toronto zoo atleast once a year, usually 2 or 3 times. Also stingray bay isnt there anymore, but it was a sweet exhibit

6. its pretty boring, the aquarium is the only cool thing to check out when your high as fuck