Toronto growing outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kdspecial, Aug 28, 2011.

1. just curious about finishing times in Toronto. First time growing outdoors and just curious around what time finishing is and will it get too cold etc in october.

I understand every strain is different I'm just curious if I should start putting my plants in a dark shed at night much like in a indoor setup where I determine the light. Or just let nature handle it? it will be starting to get cold in the mornings and nights here we will have our indian summer soon but just curious what others do in our area outdoors.

kd

2. im also located in ontario near you... well your first good choice would be a strain that finishes in 8 weeks

it also depends on if your plant is flowering now..

my plant has been flowering for 2 weeks and is an 8 weeks strain..

but this summer is suppost to last into NOVEMBER THIS YEAR for us buddy

oh and just leave your plant out at night it should be flowering now on its own naturally

3. thanks for the reply...

I started late they have just started to flower and show hairs. Realistically they just became mature plants. I started very late just because I needed them to stay small. They are healthy though and strong.

kd

4. how long is there flower time? because if its longer than 8 weeks they want finish

they might not even finish now

plant in are area should be in flower by early augest to mid augest

you should cover a them with a black tarp evrey night for the 12 hours... your going to need to bring them inside later on in the season,,

but this summer is supposed to last until november so you mighhhht be ok

5. Thanks man. I'm pretty sure they would be no longer than 8 - 9 week strains. they are not sativas. They have started to flower so I guess I will see what happens. If I have to shack them up in my shed I will. But its not like a massive crop or nothing. Its two plants. if I have to pick em a bit early I will be cool with that too. this will show me the possibilities. I have only ever grown indoors in small spaces.

With an 8 week strain when does your crop finish mid october?

kd

6. with an 8 weeks strain mine started flowering around augest 7th so mine will be done at around october 7th

if yours is just flowering now (what do you mean by flower pistile, clusters of pistils, or more)

so if yours has been flowering for 1 weeek now and is a 8-9 week strain itll finish the last week of october or even later

just pray we get a late summer

please legit pray im hoping mine finish looooll

and 2 plants isant a small grow its only small if you keep it small i only have 1 plant but its 6 feet.. hopefully get me 2 -3 pounds

if i were you if you have say 100 or so bucks make a green house very easy

the frame
    clear plastic on top
    no seathru on sides
    intake fan
    outtake fan
    and some type of small heater
    very easy stuff here and is really easy cuz you can just get an extention cord and run it to it...

if you have 100-200 i would highly suggest it cuz than it wouldent matter if you had to go into december lol

7. hahaha yeah that would be good but there is no way I could do that. because of my backyard and neighbours. The best I can do is put em in my shed. thats cool I know for next year.

kd

8. does your shed have a clear plastic as the roof? cuz if it doesant you cant really use the shed cuz they need light to grow ... meaning direct sunlight ... maye if you have a window in your house that faces south you could try that just see how much sun it gets

and know that youd have to control tempatures in there

9. thats a veery nice plant i love little plants cuz you can bring them inside n shit and chill wit them not mine though lol...

remember once flowering starts meaning the stretch those will double to triple insize

youll get more than some popcorn buds

10. yeah I remember.. I just meant on that little hurtin plant will be popcorn buds. The bigger one was made from seeds I crossed myself as an early grower.

I crossed a strain called blueJay(male) cheep grab bag for 60 bucks which I got in toronto with a strain called BOG BoggleGum(female)

I have always noticed these seeds being very robust. the bud is ok its no kush or anything but its still nice. Its homegrown so no matter how it turns out its better than paying for it.

thanks mang

kd