Toro recommendations please

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Capital, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Had a friend of mine somehow broke my 22 inch straight pipe custom lean back roor this past weekend while I was out of town. Needless to say he's replacing it. So I've got 600 from him, the shops here start pricing toros at 675 but I am relatively unfamiliar with them. They seem to for the most part be a slightly smaller scale as well? I can't find any over 18inch in local shops, is this a toro thing perhaps? Reguardless, 18 is more sufficient anyhow.

2. I recommend you don't get a toro. Much better tubes performance wise and less money. You are more or less paying for a name.

SGW(stone glass works), BC2011, Sovereignty Glass just to name a few.

3. 1st yes, toro sells fullsize tubes, they can get quite large, they also have micros and minis, I see a lot of all of them, depending on what store I'm at.

And, if you want a toro recommendation I would get a 7/13 or circ/circ depending on what you like more.

If you want a glass recommendation I would look for a sovereignty stem/8, a stemline with a 2011bc A/C, a 2011bc netline or netline to tophat, or lowrider tophat, SGW, DWB, EFS, Mobius, itza...Toro makes some great tubes, and some have flaws, so if you go that route be sure to inspect carefully before buying, and they also charge a very high amount for a tube that doesn't offer as much diffusion as tubes that cost much less in many cases, nor a level of artistic value that would merit the price increase over less expensive pieces with similar diffusion. So...what I mean to say is you can get a tube that is the same quality or better build and glass, and also either have more diffusion, or more artistic value and spend less if you choose to go with a brand other than toro. You could get a fullsize, 2 chamber, worked, gridded custom tube for $600 so long as you don't go crazy with the color work or do anything terribly difficult.

4. Get a nice sgw or something from a.q.u.a.l.a.b. Tech. It's half the price and way better than a RooR

5. Sounds good, I know I personally enjoyed my roor but it is the only nice tube I've owned. I tried a friends toro and fell in love it smoked significantly better than my roor. Far smoother. I have never smoked from a sgw or sg piece but I am looking into them instead of the toro at this point. I know all the sov glass at a.l.t are sold out so will see what I can come up with.

6. Get a new 2011 BC Piece. There fucking amazing. Toro is way over priced. \

7. #7 Capital, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    8 arm Sovereignty gridded stemline
    Vs

2011bc - Stemless Reverse Showercap Tophat Straight Tube

Both are a bit over 5 bills

Likely will be one of these two if I end up ordering online, will have to go back to some local shops and see what options are in these lines. Thanks for the advice

8. You can't go wrong with either one. They are both amazing pieces

9. #10 percul8r615, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hey I've seen your vids before. Nice selection

10. I remember when I first came to this site everyone wanted a Toro. Now they are pushed to the side. A 600$ Roor tho damn.

11. #13 percul8r615, Sep 6, 2011
    Yea fck that

12. Toros are nice pieces of glass man, good solid great tubes. But for the money that you would spend on a toro, you could get a sick peyote from sg or my personal fav.- sgw waffle with a nice 4 arm ashcatcher

13. i think a toro 7 13 hits close to as good as anything else

14. #16 percul8r615, Sep 6, 2011
    Yup. A worked 7/13 used to give me wet dreams... Still does

15. my friend had exactly what you are talking about, 7/13 both black lips both the top and the bottome dome of the trees worked rainbow colors with black on the outsides.

i said had because 3 days ago someone broke into his shed and stole that a down grid kings stemline and 2 ounces

16. #18 Capital, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    With a single worked 18m Inline ash catcher attached will I have issues with to much pull from any of these?

8 arm Sovereignty gridded stemline
    Vs
    2011bc - Stemless Reverse Showercap Tophat Straight Tube

Also considering
    -60-mm-natty-stemline-up

Also curious what difference stem line up vs down makes?

17. #19 percul8r615, Sep 6, 2011
    That's pretty sad dude. I would have to try real hard to not beat that guy into a coma for stealing my Toro

18. oh he will get his for sure, will be bad, and happen more then once