Toro New Ashcatcher Help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by justforfunat420, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Hey all,

First time posting on this site and just wanted to look for some help.
    I have a toro circ cic right now with a toro circ ashcatcher on it. I think the toro circ definitely adds some weight on to the pull and was thinking of getting an ashcatcher that diffuses even better.
    Was thinking of getting a Hops inline off *******s but they have 45 degree joints. Will this fit on the toro fixed stem?

Thanks in advanced

2. [quote name='"justforfunat420"']Hey all,

First time posting on this site and just wanted to look for some help.
    I have a toro circ cic right now with a toro circ ashcatcher on it. I think the toro circ definitely adds some weight on to the pull and was thinking of getting an ashcatcher that diffuses even better.
    Was thinking of getting a Hops inline off *******s but they have 45 degree joints. Will this fit on the toro fixed stem?

Thanks in advanced[/quote]

I think a Hops inline is going to have more drag than your current one....

Adding another chamber is always going to be a significant addition to drag, I can't say I've used one but a toro circ should be one of the most dragless pieces out there. Another ashcatcher won't fix that, if anything its likely to have a bit more drag.

3. Thank you for your reply.

If I were to throw another AC on it what would you recommend?
    I found a gridded inline made by Rusty as well with a splash guard and thinking of that one.

4. It's difficult to answer because I'd normally recommend something like you already have haha.

I think a Gridded BC showerhead would be very nice though.

5. Just smoke it without the ashcatcher, it already has plenty of diffusion. I got a 2010bc ashcatcher and I use it more as a bubbler than I do as an ac.

6. Do you have a disc diffused bowl because that drops drag so much its not even funny

7. Sure, it provides enough diffusion.

But your missing the main reason for an "ashcatcher" To catch Ash... just my opinion

8. As stated above, I don't think an A/C for the purpose of diffusion is necessary in a circ to circ so if you want to keep your bong clean I would get a carbon filter. This kind of high diffusion tube setup is ideal for skipping the added drag and clear time of a/c and go to the cheaper option of the filter. If you don't have one yet and want to reduce drag easily, droping 30 or 40 bucks on a disk diffused slide is smart.

If you really want more diffusion than a toro circ a/c provides (which is a solid amount in my experience) than I think a 2011bc ashcatcher is really your best bet because there aren't many ashcatchers which will diffuse more than that or the one you already have.

9. [quote name='"bmorebuddhabro"']As stated above, I don't think an A/C for the purpose of diffusion is necessary in a circ to circ so if you want to keep your bong clean I would get a carbon filter. This kind of high diffusion tube setup is ideal for skipping the added drag and clear time of a/c and go to the cheaper option of the filter. If you don't have one yet and want to reduce drag easily, droping 30 or 40 bucks on a disk diffused slide is smart.

If you really want more diffusion than a toro circ a/c provides (which is a solid amount in my experience) than I think a 2011bc ashcatcher is really your best bet because there aren't many ashcatchers which will diffuse more than that or the one you already have.[/quote]

I second everything this post says haha.

10. true, guess I forget about the ash catching qualities since I always use glass screens in push bowls. Rarely will ask pull through, even with my dd bowls.

11. I don't agree with anyone in here
    A carbon filter adds more drag than any ac I've owned
    A circ de circ isn't great diffusion IMO
    Toro circ is a nice ac with the c2c but my favorite is a 2011bc 48 grid ac as it makes the rip smoother imo while retaining flavor. If you want a clean bong go with a carbon filter, but I never use mine.
    Edit: a dd might be necessary, but toro ip and bc Maltese is fine with a c2c with ac

12. You haven't used a mcfinns carbon filter. Pretty much dragless bro ham

13. A quality carbon filter that is being used correctly should not be adding significant drag to a tube. And I don't think anybody was saying a circ to circ was top of the line but it should provide a relatively smooth hit in the eye of most smokers. However, as was stated, the 2011bc a/c's are a good fucking option for an ashcatcher if one is really desired. Obviously a lot of this stuff comes down to personal preference. For example, I don't know exactly how tall your circ to circ is but I know I don't really like hitting multi-chamber tubes that are above 16" with an ashcatcher. With quality diffusion I generally find it unnecessary for my preferences when consider factors like drag, clear time, and also just how the set up looks and feels.