Toro Double Micro 7/13 vs SG Stem 8?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Pizzaroll, Oct 2, 2012.

1. #1 Pizzaroll, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
    I've got a local head shop selling a Double Micro Toro 7/13 with a very small scratch on the logo w/ mighty mucous green mouth and base for $550. You can honestly barely see it unless your real close up.

On the other hand I know the Sovereignty Stem 8s are supposed to be super nice and very sought after. I know the price on this is similar to the Toro but I have no local shop that sells SG so I'd have to wait for one to pop up online.

I also forgot to add the Möbius Stereo Matrix in here as well. It'd be a cheaper option around 420-480.

I rarely get oil but I will be doing plenty of flower smoking/vaping through the bong. My current piece is a Dave Goldstein Fritted Disc so that's what I have to compare to.

If there's anything else better around that price range I'm willing to check out other options. Thanks :)

2. Just get a stemline and add an ash catcher for flowers if you want 2 chambers. I have an eq and use my sg stemline to vape all the time. Anything more would be too much flavor loss.

3. the stem/8 is more for flower, while the 7/13 is more for both. they'll both clear pretty quick and have minimal drag, if any at all.. i know stemlines don't have any drag and my 7/13 has no drag what so ever, so i doubt the stem/8 is gonna have much drag. If i were you and i was only smoking flower.. id get the stem/8

4. [quote name='"Nate489"']Just get a stemline and add an ash catcher for flowers if you want 2 chambers. I have an eq and use my sg stemline to vape all the time. Anything more would be too much flavor loss.[/quote]

How well does the Stem 8 do with flowers? Any reason why it's better then the Toro or Möbius?

5. a lot of people don't like too much diffusion and a large chamber when it comes to concentrates because you lose some of your errl. The opposite applies to flowers however (you want a lot of diffusion). so when people say a stem/8 is better for flower than a toro micro, its because of those two reasons (size and diffusion).

that said, the stem/8 will do great for flowers. its large size gives the smoke a lot of time to cool down, and the extensive diffusion with the stemline coupled with the 8 arm tree perc is going to make for a smooth hit.

6. [quote name='"canibuss"']a lot of people don't like too much diffusion and a large chamber when it comes to concentrates because you lose some of your errl. The opposite applies to flowers however (you want a lot of diffusion). so when people say a stem/8 is better for flower than a toro micro, its because of those two reasons (size and diffusion).

that said, the stem/8 will do great for flowers. its large size gives the smoke a lot of time to cool down, and the extensive diffusion with the stemline coupled with the 8 arm tree perc is going to make for a smooth hit.[/quote]

Thank you. Do you have any idea how the diffusion of the Stem 8 compares to the DG fritted disc?

7. Thats a good deal if that's the only flaw. I've seen em marked at 750-800.

I'm gonna be honest with you the chances of you getting a stem/8 are very slim. Unless it's used, even then you need a hook up.

8. Well it sounds like I will try for the Stem 8 and if not go with the Toro since its a good deal.

9. Do a little research....

I have a 7/13 micro love it for both oil and flowers

Though if I were primarily purchasing a tube for flowers I would try to get a stem 8 Like Sweendog said good luck lol.

A lot of people are forgetting that toro makes 7/13 shrubs and full sizes. Also many different perc combinations that are all pretty awesome. Saw a 7/hex shrub at glass roots was very nice. Something like that would be much easier to get I would think.

Like others stated a king stemline is a nice tube as well but there are sooooo many nice tubes IMO I would just research and find what's perfect for you.

10. The Stem/8 is regarded by many as the single best flower tube on the market right now. If you have the patience, then I would wait for the stem/8 (could take you months of looking every day on AQL, boro, Facebook groups, etc).

11. well i have a fritted disc, and it stacks like crazy.. I know its smoother than a stemline but idk about a stem/8.. a stem/8 has two chambers of water so that might make up for what it lacks in diffusion compared to the DG. I think they'll be about equal in terms of smoothness. The DG is more diffused though

12. #12 Just619, Oct 2, 2012
    lol what kind of question is that. It's made for flowers, and is one of the best for them imo

13. #13 GhostVapor, Oct 2, 2012
    youll be just as happy with the mobius. thats what id get and use the money saved for herb or other toys.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQnIIEPABc&feature=related[/ame]
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0J3RqKvnc4&feature=related[/ame]

14. I was saying buy a single chamber stemline and an ash catcher if you want the best of both worlds. It will give you great flavor for vaping as a single chamber. Adding the ash catcher makes it a 2 chamber like the stem-8. Granted its not the same thing but better overall imo.

15. what he said.