Torn :/

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by danicger, Dec 9, 2011.

1. I am torn on whether or not to obey the law. I know that it is my moral responsibility to obey the law, however I feel that it is morally wrong for the government to dictate to me what crops I can sow, harvest, and ultimately consume. According to the scripture that I believe should be running my life by, it says that ALL plants on earth have been put there for me to use as meat. What to do...what to do.

2. What to do? Smoke on bro :smoke:

3. Lol. Kind of biased asking that question to anybody except yourself.

It's BS. Weed is regulated because of ethanol/oil regulations... Just the oil company's thing man, don't worry about it. If you don't want to smoke, vote. It'll be legal soon.

4. The law doesn't matter, it's what YOU think is right. Your morals don't mean shit (I don't mean to offend you) If your morals told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

5. No, no, no, no, no. That's where you went wrong.

6. ^ :D Bastiat is my hero! Along with OA Brownson.

7. It is not your moral responsibility to obey an unjust law.

The law means nothing, live life by your own morals, that is all you are morally responsible to do.

8. The law, as it stands today, is being arbitrarily applied, almost across the board, in an attempt to manufacture something that is incredibly profitable to the current establishment.

Quote: There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
    -Ayn Rand

You mention scripture, which I always find ironic in people who claim that following the law is a moral responsibility. I make no stab whatsoever at any religion or any person in this. I would only like to point out a simple fact: Nearly all religious figures, Jesus in particular, were rebels against the establishment. Jesus died upholding his personal, moral views against the weight of an oppressive establishment. I think that he serves as a wonderful example as to why, exactly, we should continue to thankfully and gratefully make use of the bounty of the Earth.