Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Torch lighter for a bong?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by John Lennon, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Its a good idea? i heard that extreme heat might damage the weed so...?

2. You'd be destroying more weed than your smoking, lower the temp the better, which is why vaping is the most efficient

3. Torch lighters are the shit for bong snaps, I could load up .3 in my zong and use a mini firebird (torch lighter) and it makes it so milky because the smoke to breath ratio is perfect and you get major rips! So def go for it unless ur smoking a whole bong bowl slowly

4. #4 CannabisKills, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    Using a torch might make it more difficult to conserve a bowl and corner it because of the power of the flame. You're better off using a regular bic where the flame is more controllable and less hot, unless you want to take huge rips like ButtHeadsBeavis said. There is more heat from the torch than a bic, but the only reason the torch would be "damaging" the weed is because of the flames power. A torch really isn't "damaging" the weed, its just making it burn much faster.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you wanna take huge rips use a torch.if you want to conserve use a lighter

6. [quote name='"CannabisKills"']Using a torch might make it more difficult to conserve a bowl and corner it because of the power of the flame. You're better off using a regular bic where the flame is more controllable and less hot, unless you want to take huge rips like ButtHeadsBeavis said. There is more heat from the torch than a bic, but the only reason the torch would be "damaging" the weed is because of the flames power. A torch really isn't "damaging" the weed, its just making it burn much faster.[/quote]

Haha I know some fools that swore by using a torch and cornering a party bowl. Fucking dumbasses, never smoked with em again.

7. I wouldn't even use a torch for big rips. You're still destroying more weed than you would with a bic. You don't gotta be ashamed if you can't cash a bowl by yourself.