Topsy Turvy

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by UppercutTed, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Anyone ever used one of those upside down tomato planters to grow some fine herb? :smoking:

2. Hahaha, no but it sounds like a good idea.
    Would that make your plant grow upside down? for some reason that doesnt sound good for the plant... Kinda like too much blood rushing to your head haha

3. i'm sure it would work, though i don't know why you would want to do it.

4. That sounds like the most amazing idea ever. It would completely confuse some cops if there were a bunch of marijuana plants UPSIDE DOWN when they found a guys basement.

5. bro im thinking about doing this ill let u guys no if i do.

6. i dont really agree with how the topsy turvy works. to me, plants grow from the ground-up to see light. they do not naturally grow hanging upside down suspended in the air, and then having to direct its energy against gravity in order to just get light?

whats so hard about growing on the ground?

7. I was/am high thats why I was thinking about not growing in the ground. ^ relax man

8. well tomatoes and weed are actually cousins........

9. I don't think it'll work for pot. The fruit is heavy so the maters' hang down. Buds are not that heavy most of the time and pot developes slow so the plant will tend to bend upward to the light.

I'd like to get my mom one of those. I hate tomatoe plants. They big and ugly and many grow unadulterated, trimmed or cropped. They are Peonies with fruit. Not flowers. They take up too much space.

10. I think it would grow just fine. However, what is the advantage over a regular soil grow?

the design was probably created to aleviate the hassle of small animals eating the plant on the ground, and to give the grower more places to grow, ease of watering.

on the bright side. my neighbor had some high yielding tomatoe plants from a Topsy-turvy last year. should be the same for MJ.

for indoor- would you put the light on the floor, facing up?
    or encourage upward growth by having the light overhead, like the sun?