Tops?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Budlet, Apr 29, 2011.

1. #1 Budlet, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
    Anyone smoke their pinched tops around these parts? Reason I ask is I see pictures of these parts discarded like yard waste. In the old days, before we could all get pocket microscopes and had weed pouring out of our closets, these little trimmings were looked forward to and an indicator to what we could expect out of our end product. They don't have a lot of chlorophyll at this point and are light in green flavor and pack a nice little up high. We used to shape them into little what we called 'darts', force dry them 'completely' at 200 deg F and smoke them up right then. Cured in such a way, they will lay well in a rolling paper.

I know smoking trimmings is probably a no-no these days (nose in the air), but I still look forward to it.

2. I dont get it? How old is the plant when you smoke the top? At a young age? still in vegitative state? If so, there is no thc in the plant at that stage. Not sure it would do anything.

brb trying it

3. Yes, in vegetative stage. Typically more noticeable with the 2nd set on somewhat larger plants. Not so much with the babies. People are typically put off with smoking the veg for the strong green taste of the fan leaves themselves which don't contain much of a buzz unless the plant is quite mature. The lacy little tip tops are a different story altogether.

4. #4 Budlet, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
    Back in the late 70's, early eighties, the tops from outdoor grows would kick the pants off of the schwag that was going around. These were on seasonally grown, full term plants, but the buzz was there from about one month of growth on up.