Topping ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Matthewtrippy, Apr 8, 2017.

1. I live In a small studio and was wondering when could I top it to stop upward growth and still get a decent yield? Picture included to help estimate.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Well It depends on what you're looking for. But i wait until there is at least 4 nodes before I top them.
    I have to ask, Have you ever heard of the FIM way to top? If not I suggest you look it up on the net, you should find the interesting and may want to FIM your ladies.
    She looks great btw. Keep up the good work and you will have a great outcome.
    Good Luck.
    Bears

FIM Your Way to Multiple Colas! | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Matthewtrippy, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    I would like to fim but problem is this is 12/12 from seed. Would you say it has enough nodes to fim or top yet? If I'm correct there are 4 nodes already I'm just worried because of there short stature.

5. If going 12/12 all the way I would not top them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. This ^

• Like Like x 2
  7. How about LST also thank you for your replies

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lst would be fine but probably not necessary. 12/12 from seed will be a very small plant. I've never seen anyone on here yeild more then a few grams. Looking for a decent yeild is like a fat man looking to get full on 1 chicken nugget

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. blue dream topped. this is after bed time lol

Attached Files:

10. So are you going 12/12 all the way and topped the plant? Seems like doing this will keep you from having some decent production. I do not think you have enough time for the plant to recover and develop anything of use topping with 12/12 all the way. I would have taken the one decent size cola vs the two that might get some super small buds if anything.

If you are not doing 12/12 from start then I assume you just wanted to show us your plants after topping.

11. yeah sorry its on a regular 18/6 cycle just how she looked after topping she gtartimg to get bushy

12. The point was to get like 7g dry or 14 with these too wasn't looking for anything huge this is my first grow so thought this would be easier to manage I'm just gonna let the baby's grow the are getting big now though about 10 inches from the 8 2 days ago

THANK YOU EVERYONE