Topping

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheNameOfNames, Feb 27, 2017.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]
    When should i top this plant and how do I top I've watched videos and read about it but I'm still confused on the whole thing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Also another question you see on the stem where it looks like it's shedding is that normal?

3. So if you clip the very middle of the top part at a 45 degree angle that is topping. Make sure you get all the growth but do NOT cut too close to the fan leaves because you will clip what will become the new tops. The shedding is normal, it will get rid of the first two leaves completely over time as your plant becomes woody, it is perfectly fine lol

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thank you for the reply

• Like Like x 1
  5. No worries man best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also if an auto flowering plant then you won't want to top or anything that involves cutting, other than that I would say anytime is okay to top, but make sure you closely pay attention and make sure your utensils are clean.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Top at any node now you're good.

9. [​IMG]

That middle of the two fan leaves is what you chop

• Like Like x 1
  10. Like the new top growth just above the next node if that makes sense. You have to see the whole thing

11. So basically the two baby fan leaves to?
    Not the already grown ones the little ones that are forming

12. Correct. The newest growth is what you chop then your new tops come out of in between the main stem and the fan leaf that you left.

13. Like this

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. [​IMG]

15. Almost a fim, but hell yea that will work, possibly better than you even want! Good job man, now give it light and water and let it be for a few days, you will see lots of new growth

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thank you for all the help!! I appreciate it !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hell yeah good luck man, look up fim (fuck I missed) that may be what you ended up with but I am sure you know. Either way man I will stick around and answer what I can!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alright I will and I really do appreciate it it's my first grow and people on this app are helping a lot

• Like Like x 1
  19. I am in the middle of my first grow also, but I have read almost everything I can find and watch or read. I feel like a pro

• Like Like x 1
  20. You can also just pull out the little nub in the middle that looks like praying hands. I've done that a few times, seems to work just as well as topping, a little less complicated too. Good job though, ur plants look great!

• Like Like x 1