topping...when to see results

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fox, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Just a quick question.
    I topped two of my plants about three days ago and have yet to see a marked improvment in their girth. Even the two 'new tops' are slow coming up. Is this normal or have I damaged my plants?

2. By topping you have put your plant into severe shock, it naturally takes a few days to recover, so it's normal, you should at least see some grow approx 7 days.

3. I know this is a late reply but I just have to express to someone the joys of topping. I'm gonna do it every time now and tie the new tops down. I now have about 12 heads per plant and they all have long, white pubes!

4. I want to try not topping and cut off all the lower growth and just leave the one fat top cola, or the 5 top colas... just as an experiment.

5. HIGH All, your soooo mean vatoloco j/k. Why would you want to do that? Every leaf, branch brings the life food it needs to grow into what we want. You take that away...well...ever see a starving kid in a third world country...not pretty.

Make sure you do side by side comparision of the same strain of plant when you do it.

Have Fun That's What's it All About.

6. Hehe, did you ever see 4Free's nugs over at CC? He had one top that was as big as the two tops on his other plant.

7. It's funny you should mention that, as I currently have a plant completely stipped of all foliage but four main leaves on the top (and the buds). I wouldn't recommend it because it hasn't put on any height since I have done it and I don't expect more the 5g from it. You also have to be careful when you strip off that much vegetation becasue the roots are still sucking up all that water so you have to restrict it.

Good luck though.