Topping the Cola

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kro-Nesis, Jan 6, 2003.

1. How the hell do you top the cola? At what point should I top the cola?

2. i got this from overgrow a while ago....well detailed as well

Diagram A shows the tradional method of topping: cutting the whole node off cleanly, to induce the stalk to split into two. But diagram B indicates to make the cut below the center of the node, leaving about 10% intact. This is the key, because the vegetation left behind has cells that are rapidly dividing in many different directions. This can lead to as many as EIGHT tops from a single pruning.

Attached Files:

3. PIC 2

Attached Files:

4. Preciate ya Sir!

5. Sidster~ would a very sharp pair of scissors do ok for the FIM opereation?

6. i've never used the fim before, never seen the need for me....as for the scissors?.....they use a razor blade curved to do the cut....i don't know if this encourages more shoots from it or not......or you could possibly just cut it at an angle to get the same effect i would have thought.....but like i said, i don't top so maybe one of the other blades has tried both before and may know which is better....anyone help him out on this??....Peace out...Sid

7. Topping and Fim are basicly the same so you might as well give it a show and try the Fim technique. I tried it but still only got 2 top colas so don't get your hopes if it doesn't work out.

8. I just went in to spray them and I noticed some vegetation emerging from the cut ends of the FIM's. I'm gonna prune once more and give them another week to show something. If it isn't a big deal then I'll put them to 12/12. Looking forward to getting some pics on board once they get pretty. Thanks. Phyll