Topping...show me where to cut (PIC)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SlowBurn, Feb 11, 2010.

1. First, I realize my girls need a bit more growth before I to top but my first 5 finger set just opened up (2 or 3rd up from bottom).

Can you tell me based on my pic if I should cut on the red or blue line? I'm just not sure if I should take the whole thing or not....

[​IMG]

2. I have heard that your supposed to top your plants 3-4 weeks into vegetation, and never top them during flowering.

" Topping Marijuana- Topping a plant refers to cutting off the top shoot(s) of cannabis plants. You can pinch, clip or snip off the tallest shoots or the freshest shoots. Cut the branch stem just below the last fully developed node,. The plant starts developing branches at the remaining nodes. This is a good techniques to keep a plant short and bushy. Or you can develop many top colas instead of just one. Don't top a plant more than twice and never top when it is in the flowering stage."

However, Mr. Green tops his 1 week into flowering and it came out pretty nice. He got 2 fatass colas from it. He tops them around the 5:30 mark.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSCoVZAAxI8"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

3. I'm not in the flowering phase...

As I understand it, the rule of thumb is to cut the next set after your first set with 5 fingers...then every 3rd set....

So can anyone else tell me if I take the whole thing or just the middle growth...

4. Actually, it looks to me like you are asking whether to 'top' or 'fim' the plant. Fimming leaves about 10% growth, and people say it causes even more nodes than just a straight 'top', as the small amount you leave will also develop into nodes...

That being said, based on your pic I would say go for blue (you're my boy blue!).

Please take a pic before and after, and then again in a few days and 10 days later so we can how you did!