Topping questions

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by geefromstatefarm, Nov 27, 2017.

1. #1 geefromstatefarm, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Topped one of my smaller cannabis plants about 3 to 4 days ago to help increase growth and yield.

Is this how the result should look begin to look?
    Starting to look like secondary growth to me, or will they eventually turn into separate nodes like the results of topping would?

Thanks [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Two separate nodes

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks, would i be able to top one of those nodes that are a result of topping when they grow?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Yeah you can top them as much as you would like. I have to warn you tho if you too them a lot you'll end up with branches all over the place

• Like Like x 1
  5. They are the start of two new branches - a node is the space between leaf sets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks great, a trick my mentor taught me was to rip the tips of the fan leaves that feed those two nodes right before topping, it'll redistribute the growth hormones from the meristem which you're about to chop off anyways down to those 2 nodes making them grow fast, try an experiment by rippin the tips off a few fans and watch the connected node, it's crazy at times how fast they bush out after topping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. That’s 2 nodes depending on how many you want to achieve ( mainlining ) you can go up to 8 heads for indoor grows and 16+ outdoor grows I found this method here ( "Main-Lining" Tutorial by Nugbuckets: Train Marijuana Plants for Bigger Yields & Flat Canopies | Grow Weed Easy ) and I haven’t had any issues and one of my best harvest

8. Here’s a picture of my first attempt the main should of been more of a T shape instead it’s more of a Y shape. And the other picture is the result of it. Hope it helps

Attached Files:

9. Looks like a picture perfect topping to me.