topping questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yaconroy, Jul 28, 2013.

1. hey, started my first grow. I want to try topping at least one of the plants and was wondering if there was a thread on explaining how you do it, with pics and stuff! any input would help!

2. #2 tplat, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    Check out youtube for some videos. Its not hard and videos will be able to show you various methods like topping, fimming and the pinch method. I clone whatever we top off of a plant and do a combination of the pinch then cut the top off.

3. thank you. will do! everyone I talk to does pinch method, will look at all of them

4. #4 tplat, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    Yeah with the tops I pinch it and bend it over to where there is a nice crease in the top stem and then I cut it off just a hair above the creased part of the stem and clone it.

5. I am watching the videos and i think im confused betweeen LSTing and topping etc. When people grab the base of where the two stems meet the main stem and pinch it, that will create a new stem from the middle correct?

6. Post a link to that video. LST is low stress training its not related to topping, fimming or pinch method.

7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgVR6ltFAWo I watched this one just now and it seems pretty good. Any comments on it? Right now my plant is just way to small to do that to I believe.

8. Didn't watch the whole thing but sofar its seems like a pretty good tutorial on how to keep even canopy level and that can be helpful for indoor grows.