Topping Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KaNDYFLiPNRaVeR, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Hey all, I have 8 1/2" plant, and one of my friends suggest I top it, but I really am not sure how to. I know you cut the top off and it grows two "main" stems, after I cut it do I put something on the top so it dont get contaiminated or something? Or is it alright as it is....? ...Can you top it more than once? so it gets many stems? And where and exactly how do I top it? Cause I plan on keeping this particular one plant for a while.

Thanks a lot :)

2. Remove (cut) the top chute(terminal bud)off at the node below it,above the intersect,,,it will seal itself,,and be ok.

[​IMG]

3. ummm could you or someone post a pic of what the node looks like..cuz i've searched and checked the FAQ area

4. the node is the place on the stem where the big fan leaf stem shoots off from the main plant stem and a new stem with bud grows from the intersecting point. If you top the main stem, the secondary stems will fill out and you can have several big stems from a plant rather than having a big christmas tree plant.