Topping question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Joka420, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Hey im jusy curious how much more bud you get when you top a plant compared to a plant that hasnt been topped,:smoking:thnx

2. I get a significant amount more when I top.

3. hey guys, well when your topping/femming/supercropping your plant, basically you pushing your plants limits of how many shoots and nodes it will max out at. The more nodes and shoots you have, the more possible bud sites you will produce. Im still learning but from what ive read i believe this is the reason for doin this. If any experts see this and i am wrong, please PM me or let me know. Would love the knowledge thanks

4. oh i also would like to know, if topping more then once will further increase your yeild.

5. Assuming you have enough Lumens and grow space to accommodate the extra wide and bushy plants ... then yes you will get more yield from topping twice.

6. Well my light set up is, 2 27w cfl, 4 15w clf, 50w UVA UVB, and a 160w UVA UVB for flowering. and i have one plant so i have lots of room, im just looking to get the most out of this plant that I can

7. #7 Version 2, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2008
    That's alot of UVB you are putting in there. I'd say you'd only need the 50 watts for your entire grow, and only on for like 6 hours a day.

What are the other CFLs spectrums do you know? Get warm whites (color temp 2700K) for your flowering and daylight/cool white (6500K) for vegging.

Edit: saw that you said only 1 plant. In that case I would probably try for 26watts of UVB if you can. UVB is damaging to the plants in high doses.

8. o dam didnt no that the uvb was hurtin my plant, iv had the 50w on it its whole life so far, and the 27w are 6500k and the 15ws are 2700k, how is the uvb bad for the plant cuz the sun gives uvb n the lights simulate the sun?

9. #9 Version 2, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2008
    Most people save the UVB for the flowering phase. They do increase trichome production of the plant, but a little goes a long way. After I get back from the store I'll look around for a link to a video on UVB and MJ plants.

Edit: It's about 6 posts down on this thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/304548-using-uvb.html

It's a post from augustwest and it's imbedded into the thread, so you can watch it from there. It's really informative, but it's really technical.

10. alright thanks alot. merry christmas everybody