Topping problem...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by some1else, May 27, 2009.

1. Hi everyone!

I have planted 4 plants in my closet and everything fine so far, with some minor "problems", until yesterday evening.

I had to correct the exhaust hose on my cooltube and while doing that, the reflector of cooltube fell down on one of my girls and topped it...

I hope I don't have to be worried, since the reflector actually topped it correct, just removed also half of internodes on first branch below the top and pulled off approx. 1cm of stem fiber, very thin one... The top has dried where it was cut like it should and the plant doesn't seem to be harmed in any other way...

Is there anything I should do to prevent any problems growing new stems or will it recover?

:(

2. Your fine, dude. Slower growth for a 1-2 weeks, but they'll be fine.

3. ok thanks m8, that makes me much calmer :D

I'm actually growing 3 clones and one from seed - 2x chronic, 1x super skunk, 1x brainstorm from feminized seed.

one chronic and super skunk are already about 30cm tall, but brainstorm and the other chronic are still quite small - about 5cm

i'm using 600W HPS lamp, growing in soil, nuting big ones with bio-grow from bio-blizz with every watering, youngsters don't get anything but water yet tho :)

my grow space is closet cca. 1m x 1m x 2m, so i'm a little bit worried about super skunk going too wide and take all the space in there now that it has been topped...

so i'll probably have to wait that youngsters are approx. same size as big ones now before going to flowering? or should i put youngsters under 24h light in separate area and already start with flowering bigger ones? but for that i only have 3x 150cm fluorescent lighs... is it enough until flowering stage?