topping plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Joshkl, Dec 16, 2011.

1. whats the average recover time when topping plants for them to start developing new colas?

thanks

2. as soon as you top, the 2 "should have been" branches become colas immediately. Strain, nutes, light, temp and other factors will dictate how fast those future colas will take to grow.

3. If your topping your indoor crop, just remember to allow recovery time after you top. Depending on how extensive (topping once vs several of the later emerging bud points) they could take a few days to a week or so before new growth starts. Especially dont try topping DURING flowering.

4. What happens if you top during flower?

5. well you simply stunt new bud growth. adds like a week or 2 to flowering time.

6. after i topped. i had a bunch of leaves start sagging and curl up. its been a couple of days now and no new growth. plants just recovering right?

7. Yeah its recovering. Give her a few more days and everything should be fine. Make sure you keep your water/feed scedule the same while your plant is recovering.

8. Something that works for me for quicker recovering time is to top on the day you feed them w/ nutes. It is logical to think that a plant will heal faster when it has all of the essential nutrients and beneficials at it's beck & call during the short heal process.

9. been a couple of days now. lots of healing and some new leave growth. but no obvious development of two new top colas yet.

10. Have any superthrive?

11. super thrive is fine with hydro yea?

12. I just FIMMED for the first time, and it seems to be producing 3-4 new tops with no real down time. Even the Leaves that I Chopped almost completely off with the Fimming have Grown out, and you can barely even see where they had been hacked.