Topping: how much is enough?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrandpalovesGB, Dec 28, 2008.

1. 2 days ago I topped the new growth of my plant, and it has sprouted 2 new growths.

If I were to trim each of those growths, making 4 branches:

A) Would it heal, or would it just stunt the growth
    B) Would it be stable, or will the plant fall over under the weight of the branches? (It is still kind of thin, only 9.5 inches tall, 4 leaf sets.

2. Let it be for a bit. Let it get stronger before you cut it more. If you dont have a fan blowing around the plant, shake it gently every morning... this will stimulate the plant the same way wind does in nature. It beefs up the stem to compensate for the wind. Makes stronger plants. For now, leave it be, wait till the new growths are pretty strong, then top those and youll have four shoots. I wouldnt go much past eight though.

3. IMHO 1 time is enuf you will eventually defeat the purpose and diminish your yeilds...

If your looking for a way to increase budsites w/o sacrificing yield I say LST is the best way to accomplish this...

Word of advice tho research your plant if its a single cola dominant plant topping won't benefit your plant only hurt it...

Good Luck