topping during flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The Ripped One, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Should you ever top your plant during flowering, or will that just slow the cycle down?

2. I am pretty sure that topping while in the flowering phase is a definate "no no"

the plant is trying its hardest and using the most energy during this phase so topping would do more harm than good, I doubt that the plant would even do anything after being topped at this time, its just concerned about serving its purpose and then dying.... so in other words... dont top during flowering. :)

Take care.

3. Do not top! Topping should only be done during the veg stage. When flowering it's the tops that will give THE yield, so don't cut them off.
    good luck

4. I guess it depends because I heard of a technique calle saliva back topping up to 3 wks of flower for some strains like chem dog. Results in a bigger healthier yield. I am currently trying it and will post with results. I am 1 wk into flower so we will see my brothas.

5. i heard of topping 1 week into flower which will produce 2 big buds at the top instead of 1