topping - can you remove more than one or two nodes?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by masterdebater49, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Hi I have a northern light blue plant that is 3.5 weeks old and can be found in my signature.

I want to top it and than start LST training it so that my other 4 plants can catch up to it as they are younger and smaller. this is all to make a scrog go smoother.

can i cut it down a couple nodes? or leafsets whatever u call it. ;)

how will this affect my final yield and anything else?

2. How much are we talking here? I wouldn't take off more than 3 nodes depending on how far apart they were. I've taken maybe the first 3 off the plant

3. 2 or 3 no more than that.. if the plant is only 3.5 weeks old is this too much? and can i root it as a clone lol? never really looking into that

4. since i have no cloning hormones or anything clone related, (except scissors i guess lol) can someone tell me the best way to try and root this top?

5. If it's just like an inch long or so it won't work well. You can place it in water and eventually it might take root... cloning can be a little difficult to begin with for beginners and then throw in that you wanna do it without anything to help and your chances are real slim.

6. Taking a substantial part off the top is really just something people don't do because it's bad practice.  When you ask about it, it really don't sound much different that someone coming up to you and asking "do you guys think it would be ok for me to have an inch or two removed from my cock?"  It's ok to take a little from the top but just chopping it in half is just not what crosses peoples minds in a positive way.

You can chop it where ever you want. Chopping it low will just be one spot to heal and the part of the plant you left behind will have all that root system to itself.  I would rather supercrop than cut it though.  Supercropping will bring it down and give you all the clones you could ask for.

7. Just LST it in a star around the pot you get more branches to fill out the pot (other legs of star) and way less stressful. This is kinda a pictorial of what I have done. The last pic is at 5.5 weeks. No cutting until i trimmed the bottom leaves under the netSent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: