Topping before flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Adam0220, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I just topped a couple of my plants yesterday, but today I realized they are getting too big to leave them on veg for another 5 days. Can I switch them tomorrow even though they haven't had a lot of time to heal from the topping? I have an OG kush 18 and a ww x bb that are both 15" in a 80" high tent. If each of them triples in height, they will be pushing close to the light by harvest. Thanks for the help.

2. You topped pretty late, I always cut off the third node to get 4 main shoots, 2 from the first node and 2 from the second.

I'd tie those girls down and keep vegging as planned :bongin:

3. Ive always been told wait two weeks after pruning to put in flower or else it takes longer for the plants to flower

4. some one told me that if you top two weeks into flower then you get a big cola, but idk if i believe that. I believe i read that here on grasscity.

5. That would kind of make the opposite of a big cola, I mean there would be two colas but if you had left just one it would be bigger.

6. That's kinda what I thought. But I think I'll give it a shot for the hell of it.

7. #7 morange, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    Just be careful not to stress the plants too much once they begin flowering, I tend to leave all the pruning and training to the veg stage.

EDIT: Also I almost never leave a single cola on my plants, I usually go for a mixture of LST and topping to make nice and bushy plants, the goal with lots of bud sites all at an even canopy. I won't get the heaviest cola since the weight is going to distribute evenly throughout the plant, but it gets the most consistent size flowers.