Topping Before Circular LST

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DUB'd-MouSSE, Mar 1, 2010.

1. I was just wondering if I can top my plant before I begin LST, and have each new stem go around the pot in separate directions until they meet on the other side.

2. You can. You may want to check out LBH's thread on 4-way LST, I think it's a sticky in the Advanced section.

Basically keep in mind that there is no magic in the circle-the-pot method, it's one good systematic way to LST but certainly is not required. All that is required for LST is that you restrain the plant's vertical growth somehow -- whether string, paper clips, pipe cleaners -- and develop an even canopy of tops -- whether by circling the pot, doing a 4-way cross, or just training any branch to go anywhere you can find an opening in the canopy.

3. Cool thanks a lot man.

One more question,
    I just topped my three week old plants today for the first time. Should I give the 2 new stems some time to grow before LST'ing or should I just go ahead and start tying it now?

4. Tying them now is fine, don't let them get too comfortable growing in one way, makes it harder to train, but its not a major dilemma if you wait. I like to tie them the way I want them to grow as soon as they start branching anyway.

5. Thanks to both of you for the responses.

I have 4 plants and tied 3 of them down right away.
    The 4th one I'm going to let the new shoots grow out a bit and try LBH's 4Way LST.

Hopin for some good results:smoking: