Topping AK47 and White Widow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ohdeargod, Jan 22, 2009.

1. I read that genetically certain strains respond to topping differently. Some good, some not so great.

After doing a bit more reading, it seems the general consensus on AK47 is that it should not be topped. And that White Widow is actually encouraged to be topped. But i've heard yes and no for both.

They'll probably be ready by next week to top (if i decide to). They'll be 30 days soon.

Just like to ask here to get another opinion on what i should do. The only thing i've cut off my plants so far were the bottom yellow leaves.. should i start pruning? I'm a little unsure about the whole pruning thing.

hm.

2. I'm a first timer,but backed up by a well experienced grower,at the moment we've got AK x WW on the go his advice was that if you want a quick return don't top 'em,but if you have the time and patience go for it!! as it's my first(proper)grow I'm just gonna leave them(can't wait that long,ha!)I'll be seeing him today if he has anything to offer I'll get him to put it up here for you.