Topping, 4 weeks

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tashiamw, Nov 26, 2016.

1. I topped at the 5th node and now growth has really slowed. How's she looking to y'all ?
    Any tips as far as when to give nutrients again?

And how do I know when it's time to transplant ?
    Thanks y'all

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. again?, looks like it needs some good soil, and a bigger planter

3. Yes, I gave nutes before topping. Was that not a good decision ? And what type of soil do you recommend ?

4. FFOF = Fox Farm Ocean Forest or FFHF = Fox Farm Happy Frog! Now for seedlings and cuttings FFLW = Fox Farm Light Warrior

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. The first 2 soils are for more mature plants like a month old they provide enough nutrients for 3 weeks the other has the same just less on the nutrients side and a bit more perlite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. When you top a plant, you have to give it time to get over the stress. You need better soil. These plants don't like their roots sitting in wet soil all the time and the stuff you're using looks like it mostly wood chips which act as a sponge and hold water. If you're willing or aren't able to get some good formulated grow soil, go to a plant nursery and buy a bag of generic basic potting mix and amend with perlite to about a 60/40 soil/perlite mix. Until your plants use up the nutrients in the soil they're growing in, they do not need to be given much more. Nutrients are not the magic that grows a big plant and gets you a large weight at harvest. The light you flower under is responsible for that. By using a quality grow soil, you can grow a plant from birth to death with the soil alone and no additional nutes by repotting the plant when it expends the soil it's been growing in. You always know it's time to repot a plant when the plant becomes larger than the container it's in (wider and taller than). Let them dry out real good before you switch containers too or your root ball will fall apart. If your growth is slow, it's likely because you need stronger light for your plant to grow under. Better light means faster growth and larger plant overall. It's most especially necessary during the flower cycle. Flowering with CFLs is a waste of time because they're just don't have the strength in wattage that will force the plant to really grow and produce. You at least need HPS or LED for the flower cycle to get anything other than a scraggly lanky plant and a few grams after harvest and cure. Best of luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Normally you wouldnt cut the main part of the plant after a feed..
    Whats going to grow now with those nutrients at the roots, and no major growth could even happen

8. Thanks a lot !

9. Thank you so much !