Topping the girls

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stoneylone, Sep 5, 2013.

1. What is the best way to top your girls to keep them short??? I have heard so much bs but I need to know any help is awesome

A friend with weed is a friend indeed

2. #2 Buffalo11024, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
    this is my routine. top early, I like to do it around node 5-6. FIM new tops 3 nodes later. Wait about a week and flower. this still can produce a pretty good sized plant though depending on your strain. about 30".

3. Well see I'm doing a stealth grow and its a little 2½' cabinet and also if I put a pick up could u give me a few pointers I'm not using mh or hps only cfls maybe a fan

4. This is it

Attached Files:

5. clone or seed?

6. Seed

7. #7 Buffalo11024, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
    Personally I'm not big on CFL lighting. My experience shows they don't have the penetration and are much slower growing w/ longer node lengths than w/the big hps bulbs I use. venting your space(intake and exhaust) and circulation(fans help strengthen plants as well) can be a big issue in a grow. without it you run the risk of many catastrophic problems. Heat stress and mildew(high humidity) are the most common. you want to keep your temps below 80. I would consider topping with a little lst or screening. I have seen a few produce very successful grows with cfl using these techniques. I wouldn't bother with a sativa in such a small space.

8. Is that foil bro? You'd be much better off painting the inside flat white if so.

9. Its foil yes and its actually my dads old grow box he grew some killer dank in that box and plus its like a winter project and a chance to grow my own and I'm not expecting pounds and pounds just like a quarter o will be just fine till summer gets here and I can have some ladies outside that's really the only way I know how to do it I grew outside 4 years ago now with work and shit then it was a bitch now I have all the free time in the world college is amazing

10. Its also a bag seed so idk what strain

11. Are you doing auto? Or photo? If photo big budda cheese stays short as hell my mates got one and its no more than a ft tall atm if auto get a low ryder of some sort

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Last post is bit useless should of read more lol are they in the same pot with out diveders??
    If so good luck there gonna remain very small due to roots tangling with each other

13. Since no one answered your

14. Since no one answered your question,
    I grow micro cfl, smaller than your space, I top at 2nd node and i get a bush no bigger than 1 foot after 25 days of veg

15. Thank you finally but yes they r in the same pot till I figure out which is indica and female or even a sativa female because what some people do not know is that when you have all plants together until u determine sex all you do is cut the males out and that leaves the roots to slowly rot and decay and that produces nitrogen that helps with growth. Horticulture 101 I have had a garden since I was 5 and I have a sustainable agriculture degree vegetables are completely different than mj but are similar in growing patterns

16. Wont the roots rot tho and the breaking down process creating heat also to much nitrogen will burn a plant.
    roots will strangle each other.
    I had 2 in a pot big mistake as they were both stunted alot and and yeilded about 6g off each
    Correct me if im wrong