Topped

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Go Green!, Aug 31, 2015.

1. So the new node (6th set that was coming in) has been topped. Sterilized my scissors and cut it at an angle. For the first time I didn't think it went too bad. Here is what she looks like now after it was done. And then a second picture of me holding the cut (yes, my hand is small that's because I'm a chick lol)

Attached Files:

2. Looks solid for the cut but she looks a little stretchy

3. Thank you. Yeah unfortunately for most part of her life she was under a little single 13 watt cfl until I finally moved to the 60 watt she's under now. I just fear that when the two branches grow out from the topped area will be too heavy and make her fall over.

4. You could always bend her over and try LST. That way you can move the light closer to expose the whole plant to valuable light especially under a 60 watt it will need much more light during flowering

5. That wont happen as long as it has enough light. The bottom trunk part will be strong enough to hold the plant, you just have to worry about the new tops being to stretchy to hold themselves up.

6. Hmm have no idea how to do that without causing damage :(

7. Yeah. Ugh so much to learn lol with the beast lighting setup I have now I don't think the new branches should stretch much.

8. There are plenty of forum guides on here explaining how to do it, also YouTube can help you out as well. I use pieces of wire hanger bent into a U shape to start my plants off at LST but there are plenty of methods

9. Is the 60 watt cfl the only source of light you have?

10. Those 60w cfls look like monsters because of the size but they really don't put off as much usable light as you think. I believe running multiple 23w bulbs is actually more efficient in terms of lumens per watt. I tried running one for a while before just breaking down and getting a t5ho setup for veg.

11. If it's in your budget I'd look at a cheap mh/hps combo. It'd dramatically increase growth and final yield

12. Damn I was hoping my beast bulb was good enough. Maybe in another month I'll look into an hps combo. Thanks guys :)

13. Good job! I topped mine today for my first clone. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll share mine.

14. need lots more light

js[​IMG]

15. Thank you TaDow. Yeah I know. I just unfortunately can't afford those ballast things. Plus have no where to put it.

16. What's your max budget? A 400 watt mh/hps kit can be had for 100$

17. Oh really? that's not so bad. I think my budget max would be somewhere around $200 if I saved enough.

18. I have two 600 watt Apollo horticulture models and they go for 186$ a piece. If that's in your budget they'd boost yields greatly I kept one plant under one of them for the end of its life cycle (3-4 weeks) and I pulled six oz's from that plant alone

19. Holy shit!!! my only issue would be (if I can afford it) is where would I put it? I don't think it's allowed to drill holes in the walls or ceiling of the apt.

20. Do you live in a legal state? If not how are you going to keep the smell in check? And my advice would be to buy a small tent and a 400 watt hps you could probably find a nice combo on eBay or Amazon. That's where I buy all my supplies. By using a grow tent you'll be able to control the environment aspect of growing much easier. Plus once you enter flowering schedule your plant will need 12 hours of absolute darkness.