Topped vs FIM'd

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by GreenMtnWookie, Oct 7, 2018.

1. I topped two plants and fim'd one this year (all train wrecks). I had never fim'd before so it was interesting to see how differently the plants responded. I used LST on all of them. Using strings with stakes, I rotated the plants around every three weeks since mid July.

I only broke one branch and quickly duct taped it and supported it the remainder of the grow. Rubber bands were the least harmful to the stems. The canopy of the largest plant was 5'x5'.

Will be harvesting these over the next week. I would have trained the fim'd plant more but it had three branches break; one from training and two from the dogs. Overall, I think the colas on the topped plants are larger. IMG_20181006_184220422.jpg IMG_20181006_184232030.jpg IMG_20181006_205755860.jpg IMG_20181006_184154015.jpg IMG_20181006_172019935.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. awesome grow Wookie.!!
    you will need help trimming, I'll grab my scissors and head your way.!! lol

mild topping, just taking the top node from the stem or a branch, is actually the lowest stress training method,
    they recover the quickest from a simple topping.!
    to see the difference between topped and FiM'd you have to leave out the 'LST" part of training,
    next year try not topping one plant, just bend it over and see what that does compared to topping/lst'ing,
    with no topping and only LST training you never loose any tops so all growth goes towards bud production.!

very nice man, keep us updated with pre/post harvest pics.!!

• Like Like x 1