Topped incorrectly - Will nodes grow back?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Slim_Brady, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Hey guys, first post in a minute. I just have a quick question.

I topped my plant in a few places, but I "topped" it incorectly. I topped the actual nodes them self as opposed to the growing shoot by just bending them back and snapping them off.

Will the nodes grow back or am I just out of luck for those particular nodes. It's only three off the lower shoots, so I'm not worried.

2. I don't think they will grow back:(

3. Can you post a picture

• Like Like x 2
  4. It wouldn't matter. If you cut the nodes off by accident the ones lower will grow even faster.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sorry for the late response, it doesn't look like they are growing back. One is, but it looks more closely to how a leaf grows after you accidentally cut off part of the tips with scissors.

But it's alright, because the correctly topped stems are taking off. I've read it takes about one week in veg for those new tops to be ready to switch to flowering. I'm super stoked.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I mainline my plants and think you could actually turn this into a positive, but would need to see the plant by a few angles.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mainlining is a new concept to me. I've seen pictures, just didn't know the name or process.

My grow space is fairly small, 30" × 18" tent. Right now I am using the scrog method, kinda. I started with a clone that was too tall and I feared cutting it because the transplant shock was so drastic.

I'm and newer grower so you live and you learn.

Mainlining might need to be my next method to learn, though. I could easily grow two plants that way in my tent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. You will get bigger buds and yield! Been doing it for a couple years. Sativas are a little tricky but can be done. My last Acapulco Gold.
    Classic Grow Fall 2015 Acapulco Gold, Maui Waui w/main-lining

• Like Like x 1
  9. I did Mainlining for a grow or two, worked out GREAT. Also teaches you a LOT about all types of training. It's like an advanced course in all of it.

I combined my Mainlining knowledge with Scrog andand doubled yields from my MAIN LINED GROWS!! I HIGHLY recommend Mainlining and even more combining it with Scrog. I've grown different methods side by side (nothing done next to mainline, mainline next to scrog). Each step up increased yields SIGNIFICANTLY. Double, more than double, quadruple yields - training is absolutely incredible.

If you can learn to combine mainlining, scrog and super cropping you will be SHOCKED by the results.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1