Toping

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MLN, Apr 28, 2010.

1. How do people feel about toping while in flowering? i know you are suppose to do it in Veg but i have 2 plants that are 5 weeks in and i would like to top them unless someone strongly advises otherwise. They are hydro BTW and under a 400 W sodium light.

2. dontknow about hydro never done it im all coco last grow i had all non-topped or pruned plants and they ended up having nice main colas however I overwatered resulting in budrot. I like main colas they can look frikkin awesome when not topped- I have read somewhere that topping only increases the plant's yield slightly, a piece against topping. i think it was on the bc chronic seed website. elsewhere i read that supercropping (pinch not cut off the top)allwos the central to grow back and results in yields twice to three times as high as the original. so there's the ambiguity. I would think if the plants are just starting out with bloom that it's ok to top them they will do fine. however I cannot confirm this from experience. a plant that i flowered for three months in a half gallon container grew the main cola in three separate branches that I did not top though; it was seedy 2

3. I dunno but I wouldnt. just get some string and tie it over.