toping

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jah421, Apr 9, 2010.

1. when is the proper time to top a plant? while they are veging or right when they start to flower?

2. proper time would be when there's 4 to 5 sets of leaves, but you can top when you have just 3

3. so when they are still veging?
    thanks for the info mate.:wave:

4. yes vegging

5. awsome thanks man!
    ill post some pics if anyones intrested?

6. there are 2 p's in topping, and you may want to consider tying down instead. topping slows things down a bit. tying down does too, but not as much and with better results, imo.

7. how do i tie it down? is it like lst?
    ya i was reading just because you top doesnt mean youll get higher yields so i dont think im gunna doit. my babys area already bushy..:)

8. yeah man post some pics lets see that shit.... some people tie and FIM... yes its Lst well technically Lst is any kind of low stress training but its also a technique.. but yeah tieing down is lst... jus find a way to pull the stem down to the dirt after each node its doesnt exactly have to be tied.. some people use hook and clothes hangers cut and hooked in the dirt then put the stem under it... theres a stickie on lst i think...look it up... In my eyes FIM'ng is stupid if yuour gonna also lst it... youll get the same results if you didnt FIM or top it... if your jus gonna grow str8 up id say go ahead and FIM or top it.. but if you want max results and even light exposre id lst or scrog it...